Thread: QuasiIdentity INFj-INFp

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont believe Infp is the rarest at all considering infj is the rarest for men and entp (or j) is the rarest for women.

The positive upsides to this relationship is that their creatives are the others ignoring. So in group settings seeing them interact with others stimulates your base in a way that allows you to adapt new behaviors into your psyche. Its good for growth in that regard: Social flexibility. However one on one you guys can agree with each other but disagree with the methods or viewpoints that color your similarities. So being intimate, open, frank, and vulnerable, is difficult.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well to be frank, I sort of emotionally feel that infjs are looking at me in this pathetic condescending tone. Like "Oh you little girl you, you poor you thing!" And it makes me afraid to say anything sometimes, why even try if everything I say is going to get interpreted as that I am weak and not good enough for them? It's like all infjs in my life have treated me that way. It's not assholeish exactly but it's weird and uncomfortable and I don't like it.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I dont believe Infp is the rarest at all considering infj is the rarest for men and entp (or j) is the rarest for women.

The positive upsides to this relationship is that their creatives are the others ignoring. So in group settings seeing them interact with others stimulates your base in a way that allows you to adapt new behaviors into your psyche. Its good for growth in that regard: Social flexibility. However one on one you guys can agree with each other but disagree with the methods or viewpoints that color your similarities. So being intimate, open, frank, and vulnerable, is difficult.
    I dont think any type is rarer than another. Anyone has a 1/16th chance of being a certain type. If any type seems less prevalent it might be either because those types dont happen to frequent your milieu, you're oblivious to that type, or because of mistyping, or because a certain type tends to "hide" e.g. likes to be a homebody, or is reclusive.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    This is bullshit. I know so many INFj men and even more ENTp women. In general INFj is a rare type, but ENTp is one of the most common. Gender plays no role.