Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emotions are self-serving

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I am too negative. As are many males. But your song put me in a good mood. Not the lyrics as much as the sound. I want to get a playlist from you. A thorough one ... minus the rap ... ;\

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat1 View Post
    Yeah I am too negative. As are many males. But your song put me in a good mood. I want to get a playlist from you. A thorough one ... minus the rap ... ;\
    Ok I will make one without rap. hahah

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow ty ; )

...make it simple just send me a list of all the good bands i should download you listen to

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat1 View Post
    wow ty ; )

...make it simple just send me a list of all the good bands i should download you listen to
    sent... I hope it's not too thorough because I sent you the whole thing. hahah I am sure you can quickly scan past any rap that may have made it's way to the top of my list. Also I am going to send you a link to a station I listen to on pandora if you have that? I think you will like it.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    "logic" and the purported statement of fact are also implicitly self-serving 95% of the time.

i had a statement from mussolini a day or two ago about how the ultimate form of intellectual relativism is fascism, because if all ideas are of equivalent merit one may as well assert those that serve one's aims. people should believe and act like that, because they always fuck up at doing otherwise. it is wasted energy. it is only the locking of arms between opposites that a relative measure of peace and balance is attained.
    mussolini is always right...

... wing

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tl;dr, nah, not really. Emotions can go either way and it's not something anyone can run from or separate themselves from. Some people have a better grasp on emotions than others do and are better at manipulating them, but we all manipulate our and other people's emotions whether we'll admit this or not.

Emotions are a fundamental aspect of being human. I'll say it's even fundamental to animals, but that's another subject. Emotions and mental and physical health are interwoven, hence why physical health (diet, fitness,) tends to befit mental health which helps make us emotionally healthy, if you will. Humans will always emotionally manipulate others and their environment, for better or for worse. But emotional manipulation, if you want to call it that, can provide a sense of wellness and a sense of purpose, among other things. I don't see emotionally inspired art and music is much different than an emotionally inspired speech or gesture that influences others to a certain end. They're different methods going toward a similar end. Body language, music, language that is emotionally charged or is geared towards emotion is just a part of communication. To deny, invalidate, and cut oneself off from the emotional sphere of communication is an easy way to be trapped in a mood disorder. After all, relationships couldn't survive without emotional communication, including some form of emotional manipulation (which doesn't have to take a context of deviousness and deceit). There would be no society without it.

After all, the very ideas of selfish and selfless have a subjective, emotional basis in how they are understood. The cause, though, I believe has more to do with a person's overall health, as I already mentioned.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@aixelsyd hi hii
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    @aixelsyd hi hii
    Aww, woofy! Wanna jump into your arms, nuzzle you, and...smell you. Just take a big whiff. Yeah, I bet you smell great, for some reason. You just give off vibes of a good smelling person.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@aixelsyd

Aw seeing you post here again makes our day a little brighter.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Billy: Human emotions are like works of art. They can be forged. They seem just like the original, but they're a forgery.

Virgil
    : Forgery?

Billy
    : Everything can be faked, Virgil. Joy, pain, hate, illness, recovery... even love.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12