Threaded View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    Maritsa, people do not get punished for being cruel much in the real world. If they were, they'd stop doing it. Sadly, the only true balance against cruelty is a person's own personal guilt about what they're doing - and how willing other people are to fight you on it. (which gets petty after awhile for most ppl. And becomes this tug-of-war that never ends.)

I don't mean to be too critical, I think your post naturally picked up on something Ni-ego infps do very, very well. But the example didn't feel totally accurate.
    I think the example was more from the standpoint of INTp with the slant towards Te. I see Ni expressed towards different things with regards to Fe but what I was trying to express was the same kind of logic that with Ni basis there's this tendency to think along a path as ConcreteButterfly describes. Once they hold of a subject, there's this internal reflection, like watching a movie about events they reflect on to reach the inevitable conclusion. If I were to be verbally expressive about those events I would say something like this, "I watched people struggle endlessly towards a change with regards to corporate leaders, however I see that no matter what points are brought up, the CEOs vote as they desire [again this is ILI]; so, I don't feel the need to reiterate to them what I've seen or read all along, but I will just say that no matter what we say to them, they will decide as they wish. That is my conclusion in the observation of this path along this topic as I've observed throughout time, be that may for months or year." This is what ILI would say if they were talking out loud about what goes on in their minds, however, they don't talk to people about this process. They only state the conclusion, "I stand before you to say that no matter what we say before you, you'll vote as you desire [this is the prophecy] but you will hurt people financially if you decide to raise rates."

At the point that Ni type expresses their prophecy, the voting by the CEOs has not yet taken place. The actual time that the prophecy is made or expressed is at the time of a hearing.

Now take someone like LSE in this case. Being energy conservers (Si valuing) with regards to having hold of objective knowledge (Te), an LSE would not bother going to a hearing where their sentiments of prophetic vision would be expressed. They would stay at home and tell people "These people have ultimate power and authority over making any decision they want because they were given that power by Congress so they will vote and raise the rates and there's nothing people can say at the hearing that can dissuade them. These hearings are a waste of time. You're better off staying home or going out to lunch with your friends." Te works in them like this "I know the law and I know what these people can do, so I know that people don't be able to impact their decision because that's how that system was set up; knowing this fact, I will decide to act or take action in other things in my life." Therefore LSE know what to do in the world. Because they have good hold of how things work already.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-16-2014 at 12:03 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html