Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    SLIs seem to hate hugging people when meeting/greeting others. They strongly prefer their own space. They don't seem to care for societal expectations or social cues.

I have an SLI friend who has no problem though kissing his girlfriend in public, even when she's shy. He's self-confident and seems to like the physical contact.

It seems SLIs will have no problem initiating contact if they want the physical touch or want to deepen a relationship. They just despise it when it seems 'required' of them by a social rule.
    You are so right! The ones I know absolutely hate it unless it is a baby or small child. Of course, I feel obligated to commit socially appropriate hugs upon them. SO AWKWARD.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    You are so right! The ones I know absolutely hate it unless it is a baby or small child. Of course, I feel obligated to commit socially appropriate hugs upon them. SO AWKWARD.
    We might secretly like it. Especially if we find you attractive, physically or otherwise.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.