Thread: Biased? Can't be objective? Embrace it!

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I called him no names nor cast any aspersions on his moral character or intelligence. I merely chose not to soften my expression of my opinion toward him.
    and you can't keep that to yourself?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    and you can't keep that to yourself?
    Why should I? I have no incentive to preserve his feelings in that matter. And we should probably take this elsewhere before he gets pissy, that is if you care enough about the discussion to do so.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why should I? I have no incentive to preserve his feelings in that matter. And we should probably take this elsewhere before he gets pissy, that is if you care enough about the discussion to do so.
    He simply made a theory...like socionics is a theory...that utilizing two tests he can determine the self image of one's type; if that doesn't agree with your assessment of yourself, why not just say why it doesn't or ask for a clarification about the possibility of how that works instead of just making a hard and fast rule about what socionics is which you interpret to be based on IE and then close the door on him theory/idea?

I see the above as being both aggressive and Ne devaluing.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    He simply made a theory...like socionics is a theory...that utilizing two tests he can determine the self image of one's type; if that doesn't agree with your assessment of yourself, why not just say why it doesn't or ask for a clarification about the possibility of how that works instead of just making a hard and fast rule about what socionics is which you interpret to be based on IE and then close the door on him theory/idea?
    Whether his reasoning is sound or not (which I don't consider it to be), it's rather pointless if he's applying it to a fairly shitty typing tool. I explained why it's a shitty typing tool. I also told him that his method did not work and why.

I see the above as being both aggressive and Ne devaluing.
    I once told you I didn't think enough of your socionics understanding to take you seriously in matters like these. That still stands.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Whether his reasoning is sound or not (which I don't consider it to be), it's rather pointless if he's applying it to a fairly shitty typing tool. I explained why it's a shitty typing tool. I also told him that his method did not work and why.
    I took both the tests; the method seems to be fine, for me, so if one person is good than because it's not good for you it won't be good for others? I type by traits all the time, it comes out to be fine. Again, it's YOUR way or the highway, it seems like.
    -