Threaded View

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ruthlessness as a Virtue

Some of you would have hard time with yourself after selling sex for money and some of us are quite okay with it.
    What I find interesting is that probably many who would think it to be morally acceptable would still feel guilty/ashamed about it.

This feeling is easily mistaken for morality, the voice of conscience, the Jiminy Cricket on your shoulders. Even Christianity tells about how the law of God is written in our hearts which sounds like the very same thing: Your heart aches because you broke the law!

During my life I have forced myself to do things and reconsider things that I feel wrong but I don't consider them wrong. This has involved issues about infidelity, a kitten turned into art and others nasty stuff. This can be at best considered as exercise to what I value ruthlessness, which I consider virtous when combined with clear mind to judge the situations. I always want to be able and motivated to finish off a suffering animal, destroy my enemy when it needs to be so, execute the rapist in the village without pity or remorse and do other ugly things that serve purposes that I consider good. This means that I have to violate parts of my ego that believe in holiness of matters like sex ("I'm not a whore"), hygiene ("I'd never dumpster dive!") and non-aggression ("I would never hit a woman/child") to mention a few.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the matter, especially how your feeling of conscienceness relates to your morality.
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 11-20-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Nothing has been edited. - Ministry of Truth
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden