After studying socionics, I started to observe people, not just observe people a little bit - really observe them. This has especially manifested itself in the study of ethical functions. I think I have distinguished at least three kinds of ethics (I will use the Enneagram as a matter of illustrating these differences):

1) Warm ethics. These people strike me kinesthetically as one would find a warm blanket. They are very kind-hearted, tender, somewhat positive people. They like to warm up to others and show a strong sense of kindness and compassion. An example would be "Kelly Kapoor" from the show "The Office." (In other words, indicative of Enneagram type twos.)

2) Outgoing ethics. These people are friendly, funny, and enthusiastic. They fit the classical notion of extraverted ethics. An example of someone with this function would be Sandra Bullock. (More E7)

3) Integrity-based ethics. These people are idealistic, moral, and value class and decency. They try to impose their ideals and morals on others. They fit the classical notions of introverted ethics. An example would be Barack Obama. (More E1)

**4) (This one is still a work in progress.) Another kind of ethics I have discovered is more melancholy. These people fit the classic notions of Enneagram type fours. They are more quiet, somber, emotional people. Many have a creative side.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

Based on this, I think a good strategy I could embark on is researching other personality typing systems to discover other varieties of the functions. Just off of the top of my head, the more investigative E5 types of LIIs seem different from the structured, organized E1s. Also, these differences play a role in the community's different definitions of the types. For instance, if someone has a more E2 notion of ESEs, they will type people differently than someone with a more E7 notion. In any event, insofar as it is constructive, tell me what you think...