Many years ago as a teen, before discovering socionics, I had a theory that where you choose to sit on a rollercoaster is indicative of your personality.

My friend and I went to a big, local amusement park, and he was excited to get a seat 'AS CLOSE TO THE FRONT AS POSSIBLE!' But, he also had this process down. He said the 3rd or 4th rows from the front are usually not taken as much.

When we got closer in line, I was surprised to notice - there were huge lines for the front row seat of the rollercoaster, and also for the back. 'Just in the middle' lines were the 2nd largest, and then my friend was right, there seemed to be space between the middle and the front, and also from the middle to the back. It looked this:

1 - Back of coaster, longest lines
2 - Between back and middle, smallest lines
3 - Middle, medium lines
4 - Between middle and front, medium lines
5 - Front, longest lines

It was interesting, we were riding a newly released roller-coaster, that 100+ people were in-line for, so it was cool to see how human nature kicked in, and how people were distributed by preference.

I observed:
  1. 1) People who sat in/toward the front tended to be thrill-seeking, very outgoing, and talkative.
  2. 2) People who sat in the middle tended to be fairly laid-back, non-decisive, emotionally even temperament.
  3. 3) People who sat in the back tended to be more reserved, wanted others to take the initiative first, and more family-oriented - (families would try to get seats together near the back, with smaller lines).

Do you agree with these observations? Are my experiences similar to other experiences of long lines for rollercoasters? And the big question is - how do these observations correlate to socionics? What can you assume about a person based on where they choose to sit?