Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ningyo View Post
    I've gotten flack for talking back to those above me for as long as I can remember. I don't do it just for the hell of it either--it's usually in self-defense and only happens after I've been exhaustively provoked. There were many times where I froze up, but I was delivering "zingers" as early as my mother can remember me talking, lol. I remember doing this to my IEI boss and getting a response in like, which on one hand, yeah, ouch, but on the other I felt pretty impressed at how similar we were in that area. My boyfriend is also IEI and I think we both sort of relish the other's "zest" when we're not stepping on each other's toes by accident (and even then, it's sort of a rush!).

I was thinking about this because I just had a minor altercation with an EII who uses the "condemn and escape" method. I ended our interaction in a concise, somewhat pretentious but (I believe) effective PM through a site we both frequent and within minutes after having sent, she turned off the music blaring from her speakers, unlocked her door, closed her laptop and starting doing chores--something she ONLY does when she's feeling really gross or conflicted about something. Usually her EIE friends have this effect on her--I consider it a victory. Through observing (and more than once being on the receiving end of) LIEs and EIEs owning their adversaries this way, I've become quite decent at the written bitch-slap. Could this be type-related though? IEIs, how good are you at coming up with an insightful argument on the spot or in a relatively short time at least, verbally or in writing?
    Can you give an example of what you mean? I don't consider myself particularly witty or adept at coming up with zingers. I wish I had that old school British propensity for sardonic repartee ala Oscar Wilde or Winston Churchill.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe is a very defensive IM element isn't it.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HereNowTHIS View Post
    Can you give an example of what you mean? I don't consider myself particularly witty or adept at coming up with zingers. I wish I had that old school British propensity for sardonic repartee ala Oscar Wilde or Winston Churchill.
    Haha, I honestly don't believe that. But uh... I'd have to ask my mom, she's SEI and remembers this stuff better than I do. The earliest example I can come up with is... grade 3, we were doing popcorn reading and the girl who kept getting chosen was stumbling over all the words. She happened to be a bit of a bully (my siblings and I were poor and she would turn other kids on the schoolbus against us) so I took the opportunity to jab at her by suggesting that "the next person that gets called on actually know HOW to read." Said very innocently. I guess it's sort of an ILI statement, lol. And yes, of course I was punished.
    Probably ILI, or IE I/EIE/EII. PM me if you have ideas about my type! Ennagram 2w3 7w8 1w9.