Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there such thing as a lazy LSE/ESTj?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    This is cute coming from a person who claimed that the "IQ is the measure of motivation" sourcing it to a thing she swore she read somewhere.

Do you express doubt towards any sources Wikipedia stated by Wikipedia about the definition of IQ?
    If not, why is the article under such suspicion (whereas your "source" is not)?

And since you said "author", I'm beginning to doubt that you know how Wikipedia works.
    Well but i did remember correctly... i googled it and found one of many sources, some of which i'd seen in the past.. And i went ahead and linked you to it, even.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Well but i did remember correctly... i googled it and found one of many sources, some of which i'd seen in the past..
    Link one that shows affirms that the "IQ is actually a measure of motivation."

And i went ahead and linked you to it, even.
    And you know me how well?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I swear, i read somewhere that IQ is a measure of motivation, and can fluctuate on a daily, minute-to-minute, or even situational basis.

EDIT: here's one link... there are others:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0427171638.htm
    "This means that for people who get high IQ scores, they probably try hard and are intelligent," she said. "But for people who get low scores, it can be an absence of either or both of those traits."

Intelligence is a hereditary trait so no wonder that people who score high can be said to be intelligent and those who don't, not intelligent. Besides, I wrote in some thread that IQ tests are adjusted to fit the notion set by psychologists on who is intelligent and who is not, it is dictated by them so to speak. As for IQ measuring only the genotypic component of phenotypic intelligence, this view doesn't find much support amongst psychologists in the West for it doesn't fit their frame.

I would like to see someone actually create a Motivation Quotient Test to measure motivation, like your motivation score is 150, and only after taking such test advance taking an IQ Test to compare.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, genius research. If you take a group of people of equal "potential", those who try the hardest during the test have the best scores. Really impressive.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Now let's try an exercise; look back at your posts in this thread, are they criticisms?
    See, I already know how this "exercise" ends. I say "Well of course, those were criticisms." and then you will answer "Ah-ha! You have now admitted that you are ILI because the ILI is also known as the critic!!! (and therefore the only psychotype capable of criticising anyone.)

And now you'll probably say that I must be ILI because I could traverse time and space with my magnificent and predict your answer.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    See, I already know how this "exercise" ends. I say "Well of course, those were criticisms." and then you will answer "Ah-ha! You have now admitted that you are ILI because the ILI is also known as the critic!!! (and therefore the only psychotype capable of criticising anyone.)

And now you'll probably say that I must be ILI because I could traverse time and space with my magnificent and predict your answer.
    Is there a word in German for a person who knowingly argues with a fool?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Is there a word in German for a person who knowingly argues with a fool?
    I can't think of a special expression for such a person. But a proverb comes to mind: "Never argue with an idiot, they will pull you down to their level of arguing and beat you with their experience."

Anyway, I got the message.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't think of a special expression for such a person. But a proverb comes to mind: "Never argue with an idiot, they will pull you down to their level of arguing and beat you with their experience."

Anyway, I got the message.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What is the above? is it not ? "I already KNOW how this ends" How do you know? What clues of existing reality allow you to make such conclusions of events in the possible future? What are you recounting in the above? A series of events in dynamic motion.

Think about that. Only the blindest man can't see what you've done in two posts and yet fails to say, why didn't you help her out with some Si instead?

How can I, why should I value what you say as a possible quadra member when none of it neither helps me, to establish an equilibrium of sort, nor does it serve any particular value of my quadra. So, why are you here?

Why are you in Delta, to make my life a living hell, in your short and unmitigated non essential non existent Si responses? What good and use are you to me as a subject of support?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, even if that's most likely a waste of effort, I'll reply.

What is the above? is it not ? "I already KNOW how this ends" How do you know? What clues of existing reality allow you to make such conclusions of events in the possible future? What are you recounting in the above? A series of events in dynamic motion.
    I knew exactly what happened because we all have seen it many, many times. I could use my previous experience to estimate how this case will go on. It's called deducing and everyone is capable of it because it's a basic human skill necessary for survival.

...why didn't you help her out with some Si instead?
    Who is "she"? WorkaholicsAnon? Maybe because she had almost nothing to do with our discussion and I didn't agree with the IQ/motivation thing, either.

How can I, why should I value what you say as a possible quadra member when none of it neither helps me, to establish an equilibrium of sort, nor does it serve any particular value of my quadra. So, why are you here?
    It's not my fault if it doesn't help you. Sure, my sarcastic reaction could be seen a bit harsh, but you always do those things. You could as well accept the criticism, but you won't do this.

Why are you in Delta, to make my life a living hell, in your short and unmitigated non essential non existent Si responses? What good and use are you to me as a subject of support?
    A little less drama, please. The same applies here, not my fault you can't handle it.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahahahah you make Maritsa's life a living hell, priceless
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gj @Pa3s

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You can't be in my quadra, Pa3s. You're too much of a, hmm, space miner.

Creepy-Snaps

I'd just like to remind people that you won't necessarily like every person in your own quadra, and it's unlikely you'll like every single dual you meet. Conversely, you could have a great relationship with someone opposite quadra as you.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    I'd just like to remind people that you won't necessarily like every person in your own quadra, and it's unlikely you'll like every single dual you meet. Conversely, you could have a great relationship with someone opposite quadra as you.
    You know what, Snaps? I don't think you're in my quadra as well, you snap fingers.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok, even if that's most likely a waste of effort, I'll reply.

I knew exactly what happened because we all have seen it many, many times. I could use my previous experience to estimate how this case will go on. It's called deducing and everyone is capable of it because it's a basic human skill necessary for survival.
    You know, why? Because the sequence of events revealed an inner character of events right? Well, again I ask you what do you call that?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You know what, Snaps? I don't think you're in my quadra as well, you snap fingers.
    I'm glad we can agree on something.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My point being about is that it looks at what I've done already (as a compliment of Se) and extrapolates what I'm going to do in the future and doesn't let situations develop on their own accord, which is exactly what P-diddy is doing here
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are indeed times when I wish to live in a space station to orbit all those earthlings and send them a death ray or two...
    Last edited by Pa3s; 07-04-2012 at 05:40 AM.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I swear, i read somewhere that IQ is a measure of motivation, and can fluctuate on a daily, minute-to-minute, or even situational basis.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0427171638.htm
    Do you know the difference between
    x being a measure of y
    and
    x correlating with y?

What you are saying is analogous to stating that age is the measure of bone frailty.

I hope you understand this because there are some rather grim medical procedures I'd suggest to you if you don't.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Do you know the difference between
    x being a measure of y
    and
    x correlating with y?

What you are saying is analogous to stating that age is the measure of bone frailty.

I hope you understand this because there are some rather grim medical procedures I'd suggest to you if you don't.

I didn't say IQ only measures motivation though.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't say IQ only measures motivation though.
    IQ is the measure of certain areas of intelligence. It seems to correlate with motivation, vegetarianism, drug use, alcohol use, being "very liberal" oppsed to "being very conservative", race, infertility. I would still find it very inaccurate to say that infertility is the measure of IQ.
    Talk about 'correlation' although I bet Ti is already hard enough for you without having it as a PoLR.
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 07-05-2012 at 08:17 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

my LSE neighbor was sitting next to me and a there was a beautiful light shining in the sky from afar. He took out his phone to take a picture of it and I said "it would be a nicer picture had that power line not been in the way." He agreed with me and said, "I should go take it from before that line so it's not in the picture, but I'm feeling lazy." Just as soon as he said that, he got up and went to take the picture...That's LSE form of "lazy" ...which is "yeah, I don't feel like it but it would be of better quality...so oust the feeling and do the job."
    -

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... Neat story.

Only LSEs ever of that sort of thing.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Holy shit, the narcissism.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESIs just throw their phones to the wind and hope it takes a goddamn "good" picture before it hits the ground. It is artsy.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    ESIs just throw their phones to the wind and hope it takes a goddamn "good" picture before it hits the ground. It is artsy.
    Lol. I had a friend who accidently dropped his camera out a train window, but was able to go out and snag it before the train left. It had taken a perfect photo of his head sticking out of the open window, face aghast as he watched it fall.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Lol. I had a friend who accidently dropped his camera out a train window, but was able to go out and snag it before the train left. It had taken a perfect photo of his head sticking out of the open window, face aghast as he watched it fall.
    Whaaaaa?! I kind of want to try this now. I would probably not have such luck.

he is ESI, isn't he.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm too lazy, so I won't even post in this thread.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    She was asking if anybody had any other experiences different than what was contained in the descriptions. Seeing how accurate the current theory is. Over a year later, do you see this difference?

It continuously amuses me how people misunderstand Maritsa, and then attack her, but I seem to understand her perfectly. Maritsa, come live on my island with me.
    Are you really trying to come to her rescue over two off-hand posts I made over a year ago?

If she wants to respond to my posts (which she never did), she can take that up on her own time. You don't need to play the white knight.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LSE neighbour/husband/mother/wife/gremlin/chef/cat once performed a miracle/stage show/the 100m hurdle/filatio/cleaning the dishes for the good of the town councillor/friendly neighbourhood spiderman/Putin/a random ESE who was dealing with a marriage breakdown/angry Nigerian dilemma/time travel malfunction/solving world hunger. With my advanced socionics skills/hallucinations/shanism/leprosy they were able to forsee how to solve socionics/stop being lazy/huff a kitten/swim with dolphins/understand the afterlife/defeat jesus in unarmed combat. This is very important to you all because now you know that I have achieved duality/ripped off my own left testicle/stapled a top hat to my head/consumed the gamma quadra and as a result I will marry said LSE/start my own tinychat channel/self dualise by performing an enema right into my own mouth/start charging for giving advice to people on personal matters or all of the above.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any type can be lazy. It's not a healthy behavior. It's a vice or a symptom.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there such a thing as a lazy LSE?
    My LSE brother is the farthest thing from lazy, he is more like over-productive. He works long hours as an engineer, he also works many hours as a pyro-tech - those huge fireworks, does tons of work on his house and his rental, exercises seriously (like many mile bike rides or super fast cross-country skiing when he has any spare minutes.. . he is dfinately not lazy. I on the other hand can appear lazy at times, to him, but he doesn't get that I am "stuck" at those times. Sometimes when I over-commit, or commit to the wrong things, for example. But I have never seen a lazy LSE.

My EII friend's new LSE love is also extremely productive.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you freaking kidding me? i've never lamented about not being able to "get men"! OMG speak for yourself...

I'm perfectly happy being single... just looking for my soul mate and being very picky about it!

I may be somewhat unhealthy but I dont relegate myself to that state and i am continually working on improving myself.
    Well this is an old conversation but WA I don't see why you are being so mean to Maritsa. You are being mean, right? Because it sounds that way to me.

You approach to not being in a relationship, from what you say here, is akin to how mine was. I have had an EII friend for some years who has an approach more like Maritsas.

My EII friend is a longtime friend. We met when we were just married and putting our husbands through college back in TX. We had careers in education and each had our first child, a son, about the same month. They ended up in the Northeast, my same state, the other side. And our long marriages fell apart, the same time.

Our lives were parallel but not the same. When we both becaem single at the same time she actively and constantly pursued a great relationship. Joined a datign site, dated a LOT. Including a long on-again, off-agin with the wrong guy. So much dating and relationship pursual. NOt at all what I was doign wihich was not dating at all. for my own reason I was determined NOT to date, believing if God wanted me married he woudl put someone under my nose, so I woudln't wast e time looking.

Then God did, and suddenly I had my Dual (I didn't know he was that when I fell in love, not knowing what that is). Well a year after that, after all that dating of Mr. Wrongs and Mr. Not-quite-rights, IEE found the most amazing perfect Dual.

So we both got the same thing, a perfect love for us, with totally different approaches. I feel sure we both have keepers and neither of us will date others again, bar some tragedy. Different approaches, same outcome.

And unlike you are and I was, Maritsa is dating and actively looking for and hoping fo Mr. Right, like my friend was, so I get it.

And I agree with Maritsa, we all benefit from a dual in our lives. But we can tune in to and appreciate the non-partner duals in our life, too, and we benefit each other with that.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Well this is an old conversation but WA I don't see why you are being so mean to Maritsa. You are being mean, right? Because it sounds that way to me.

You approach to not being in a relationship, from what you say here, is akin to how mine was. I have had an EII friend for some years who has an approach more like Maritsas.

My EII friend is a longtime friend. We met when we were just married and putting our husbands through college back in TX. We had careers in education and each had our first child, a son, about the same month. They ended up in the Northeast, my same state, the other side. And our long marriages fell apart, the same time.

Our lives were parallel but not the same. When we both becaem single at the same time she actively and constantly pursued a great relationship. Joined a datign site, dated a LOT. Including a long on-again, off-agin with the wrong guy. So much dating and relationship pursual. NOt at all what I was doign wihich was not dating at all. for my own reason I was determined NOT to date, believing if God wanted me married he woudl put someone under my nose, so I woudln't wast e time looking.

Then God did, and suddenly I had my Dual (I didn't know he was that when I fell in love, not knowing what that is). Well a year after that, after all that dating of Mr. Wrongs and Mr. Not-quite-rights, IEE found the most amazing perfect Dual.

So we both got the same thing, a perfect love for us, with totally different approaches. I feel sure we both have keepers and neither of us will date others again, bar some tragedy. Different approaches, same outcome.

And unlike you are and I was, Maritsa is dating and actively looking for and hoping fo Mr. Right, like my friend was, so I get it.

And I agree with Maritsa, we all benefit from a dual in our lives. But we can tune in to and appreciate the non-partner duals in our life, too, and we benefit each other with that.
    Maritsa has quite a bit of history of troublemaking on this forum that you may not be aware of. She's toned down quite a bit since her initial arrival, but this is only because of many forum members keeping her obnoxiousness in check.

That may be why you dont understand peoples' at times adversarial demeanor towards her.

However, no that was not me "being mean" to her, just a correction of her misconceptions about me.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa has quite a bit of history of troublemaking on this forum that you may not be aware of. She's toned down quite a bit since her initial arrival, but this is only because of many forum members keeping her obnoxiousness in check.

That may be why you dont understand peoples' at times adversarial demeanor towards her.

However, no that was not me "being mean" to her, just a correction of her misconceptions about me.
    Oh, okay. As to troublemaking, I withhold my judgement, as I have not seen evidence (which I am not asking for!). Its just that there have been a couple of times here this has been referred to when I have looked back at the old posts that were linked, and I read through the conversations to try to understand, and at those times I have clearly felt that it was a personality-type conflict. i.e., a Supervisor can get a Supervisee cussing when she is backed against a wall, as a Supervisor will do. And we are all Supervisor to someone. I know one particular Supervisee close to me who can suddenly "for no reason" get super offended when I did not mean offense at all... Now knowing Socionics I can guess that i am just not "getting" her...

So I am not saying your opinion has no basis, just when I looked, it looked more like miscommunication from conflicting types....

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I get along with Handi, Kim, and Eliza very well.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I get along with Handi, Kim, and Eliza very well.
    Selective memory much?

I don't dislike you, but we have had our differences and I have to admit that I object to many of your typings (including your SEE for me).
    Last edited by Kim; 10-09-2013 at 03:59 AM.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Oh, okay. As to troublemaking, I withhold my judgement, as I have not seen evidence (which I am not asking for!). Its just that there have been a couple of times here this has been referred to when I have looked back at the old posts that were linked, and I read through the conversations to try to understand, and at those times I have clearly felt that it was a personality-type conflict. i.e., a Supervisor can get a Supervisee cussing when she is backed against a wall, as a Supervisor will do. And we are all Supervisor to someone. I know one particular Supervisee close to me who can suddenly "for no reason" get super offended when I did not mean offense at all... Now knowing Socionics I can guess that i am just not "getting" her...

So I am not saying your opinion has no basis, just when I looked, it looked more like miscommunication from conflicting types....
    Sometime people just get on each other's nerves and it's not type-related. You don't have to make a massive type issue out of every spat on this forum. Even my identicals and duals get on my nerves sometimes.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast