Hybrid View

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Yes.
    Because I stick to my rules, my passions in my way; because I don't care so much about what's happening externally as I am about keeping true to the logical consistencies I have about how the external should be; my self and the world around me are at odds.
    This is only part of the issue as I see it.

The main issue is that you have tremendous difficulty with understanding the finer points of what those on here are actually saying, instead favoring to implant your own opinions of what you *think* they're saying based on your own pre-existing biases, thus skewing the outside party's intended meaning. I've run into this many times in my interaction with you online.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    This is only part of the issue as I see it.

The main issue is that you have tremendous difficulty with understanding the finer points of what those on here are actually saying, instead favoring to implant your own opinions of what you *think* they're saying based on your own pre-existing biases, thus skewing the outside party's intended meaning. I've run into this many times in my interaction with you online.
    That's because I don't see things as they really are (Se polr). I do pay attention to people, but again, I've formulated a strict method and I'm going to follow that regardless of what people say or thing.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-14-2012 at 03:33 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's because I don't see things as they really are (Se polr).
    Nobody can. It is impossible for anybody to see things as they really are. This is the nature of perception, there will always be filters through which outside information is understood. All people deal with this.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nobody can. It is impossible for anybody to see things as they really are. This is the nature of perception, there will always be filters through which outside information is understood. All people deal with this.
    So if no one can see reality and they all look at things from their own filter then no one, including myself, can understand the finer points right?

I don't understand their meaning and they don't understand mine. So how is it to be judged which is right or wrong? Which is good or bad? Who is majority and who is not? Who we should listen to or not?

I get into it with ppl because simply, I exercise my passion to type and it doesn't coincide with personal beliefs.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if no one can see reality and they all look at things from their own filter then no one, including myself, can understand the finer points right?
    Some people, more than others, are very much aware of the limits of their own awareness/understand, as well as the cognitive/emotional biases they hold, and account for that ignorance accordingly.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Some people, more than others, are very much aware of the limits of their own awareness/understand, as well as the cognitive/emotional biases they hold, and account for that ignorance accordingly.
    Yes they are and I'm not, which goes back to Se PoLR as opposed to Se/Si; Se sees things as they are and Si perceives their reaction to what's happening and reacts, sometimes too aggressively.

I get into it with ppl because simply, I exercise my passion to type and it doesn't coincide with personal beliefs.

I simply don't have good perception of myself, how I come off to others. How I can use what I have to get ppl to like me, to get people to adore me, to get people to do shit for me. How or what I can do to manipulate people.
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they are and I'm not, which goes back to Se PoLR as opposed to Se/Si; Se sees things as they are and Si perceives their reaction to what's happening and reacts, sometimes too aggressively.
    I don't think it's fair to pass this off on Se PoLR. If anything, being IJ is a much more likely reason, but that's still not an excuse to perpetuate it.

And that's totally fine. Have opinions, opinions and passions are wonderful things. But if you do, you have to make sure that you're actually understanding what it is other people say. Self-betterment, no?