bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default help identify the cognitive element

This is taken from the INTJ forums:

Next Story
    In ancient China there was a doctor whose job it was to accompany the army to battles and to patch up the injured soldiers so that they could go back out and fight.
    However he became quite distraught at seeing again and again over and over that the very soldiers he helped would die in battle.
    He questioned whether being a doctor had any meaning or significance given that he was achieving nothing in his own eyes.
    After studying with a zen master he came to understand the problem in his thinking however.
    Whenever he started to feel those same thoughts again he would just say to himself "I do this because I am a doctor".

Moral
    He needed to understand that there is no self or other. There is no subjective or objective. He was relating himself only to the situation. Everything is just the way it is. The situation is just the way it is.
    Which cognitive element(s) would you say the person in this story is ascribing their relation to the world, as per socionics IM? And why?
    Since there are many typologies, I'm asking so that I can help gauge the foundational nuances between them.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The story promotes pragmatism or materialistic existence, typologically speaking, the ST club, STj even for being axiomatically dutiful.

ESTj ?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably not really dependent on type, people of many types could "use" that mental formula I suppose, but stereotypically it seems Aristocratic ("knowing your place") and Ne/Si-ish.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a doctor because he has an Si EM type. Si EM people like to heal things. He gets reward from fulfilling the opportunity to heal things (while devaluing their actual cognitive state a la Fe), thus he has an Si EM. Moreover, I'll bet Te is also in the main block.

As regards his perspective, it seems that yes it does transcend type, but it is being processed at low dimensionality (the individual level). Parts of the perspective are Ti (what "is") and others are Si and Te (what he does, what his function is). However he is disassociating himself from his sense of purpose (the other half of delta Si), which is potentially dangerous.

In the end, it's not his mental energy that he relies upon, but the zen master's. The real question is, who came up with the original idea, and what functions did they value/devalue?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    He's a doctor because he has an Si EM type. Si EM people like to heal things. He gets reward from fulfilling the opportunity to heal things (while devaluing their actual cognitive state a la Fe), thus he has an Si EM. Moreover, I'll bet Te is also in the main block.
    Perhaps si types would choose this career because it matches their "world view", but I have seen lots of NT doctors (both alpha and gamma).
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Perhaps si types would choose this career because it matches their "world view", but I have seen lots of NT doctors (both alpha and gamma).
    Reread it.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Reread it.
    Please explain to me your point
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    Which cognitive element(s) would you say the person in this story is ascribing their relation to the world, as per socionics IM? And why?
    Since there are many typologies, I'm asking so that I can help gauge the foundational nuances between them.
    In my opinion, Ni before, Si after.

Edit: scratch that, I thought at first that it is about some ultimate meaning, but I read that agani and it is different. Maybe Ti/Fe before, Fi/Te after. Reason: in my observations, Ti/Fe types aim for some sort of finality, Te/Fi for some sort of constancy. I think that Merry types get anxious when they repeat something over and over without finishing it "for good" - you know, perfect, like a "magnus opus" (Ij is Ti) - while Serious types are the other way around, they prefer to maintain things going, not believing in "finalizing" (Ij structure is internal and always undecided, open ended, perhaps because if this).
    Last edited by The Ineffable; 02-17-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model