TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking MBTI INFJ, Socionics WTF?

Hi all!

I've studied MBTI pretty thoroughly, and have decided to look into Socionics a bit to see if it had anything more to offer. I'm not sure if I've determined my type correctly, though! It took me forever to determine my MBTI type, as I'd typed as INTP for years before realizing that something was really off. Where I'm even less familiar with Socionics, I could use some input on my type from people who know what they're talking about.

EDIT 12/28:

The two most common guesses for my type in this thread have been LII and SEI. I know I value and , and others have pointed out that I seem to value and . I probably fall somewhere in Alpha because of this, though I still identify with descriptions of IEI, as well. I have changed my description in hopes that the new information will be more helpful in determining my type; new stuff is in purple.

I am an introvert, and have been since childhood. I'm artsy and cerebral, feel almost equally right and left-brained, and value logic and emotion almost equally. I love researching topics that interest me in great depth, such as alternative heath care, nutrition, psychology, theoretical physics, biology, art, etc., then moving on to a new obsession and doing the same. Ideas don't have to have a practical value to be worth exploring, though it is better if they do. I also enjoy creating art, be it through writing, photography (see this post: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post836906) or drawing, and I appreciate surreal and psychedelic art the most. I am terrible at any math more complicated than algebra, and also at chemistry and computer science, trivia, chess ( take way too long to think of a move), and team sports.

Most people I know describe me as cute, smart, nice, funny, and talented.

I spend my free time reading, writing, volunteering, cooking/baking, going to art and science museums, photographing, walking, playing video and board games, getting drinks with friends, watching live music in small clubs, and playing the ukulele or piano. I used to take pictures constantly, but cut back because I felt that focusing primarily on photographing an experience prevented me from fully enjoying it.

One of the happiest times of my life was during my last year of college. I was writing a 40-page pilot for an original animated TV series, producing a photojournalism multimedia project on a famous local artist and activist, composing a piece of electronic music from subway sounds, writing arts criticism, and studying the very basic physics of scenes in popular movies all in one semester, all while dating a sweet guy and keeping an active social life. The other happiest time was when I traveled to Iceland on my own to volunteer with a bunch of interesting people from many different countries. We worked with local gardeners to plant roses and beautify the city parks, and also taught children about recycling. During our free time, we explored the beautiful wilderness, and I was in a constant awe-struck state the whole trip. The people I met were awesome, too!

I find perception fascinating, and have experimented with hallucinogens and lucid dreaming to alter my own.

It's not very easy for me to think "outside of the box," but I can definitely do it if I try. Most of the time, however, I tend to adopt points of view that I hear/read about and agree with instead of coming up with my own. I love when someone or something basically yanks my perspective in a new direction.

My thoughts are rather chaotic and nebulous most of the time, and can cause serious anxiety. I get them under control by going for long walks while listening to music, or by journaling. I am healthier and happier when I am not left alone with my thoughts for too long and I am out and about doing something.

I try to take no one for granted and want to understand them as best as I can. It's hard for me to take what people say at face value, which is why dating my ILE boyfriend was confusing at first; I kept trying to wring deeper meanings out of his words, when none were there. Incredibly refreshing!

I also actively challenge pretty much every social norm and conventional wisdom imaginable, though I feel uncomfortable when I do so. For example, I was thinking about the divorce rate and level of cheating that occurs, and realized that monogamy may not be as natural as American culture tells me it is, then read books and articles that confirmed my suspicion. I became very upset for a while because I couldn't easily reconcile this new knowledge with my existing views of love and relationships, and I almost wished I'd never read those books.

I am sarcastic, and have been told I'm hilarious by quite a few people of many different types. I love people who can cheer me up with a good laugh, as I tend to be a bit negative. If I get into a funk I will eventually snap out of it and realize how ridiculous I'm being, though sometimes it takes someone else to point out that I'm being lame first.

I'm usually the one in my small group of friends to initiate plans, only because it seems like no one else wants to deal with the details of setting up a time/place to meet that works for everyone, but I don't mind doing this. Maintaining relationships is very important to me, though I'm not nearly as strong in this area as I'd like to be (so-instinct last?). In my romantic relationships, I feel fulfilled when we intimately share our thoughts and ideas about life, there is plenty of cuddling and sex, and we experience new things together. I appreciate intelligence, creativity, warmth, optimism, adventurousness, curiosity and honesty the most in a significant other.

Here is a video I made for an MBTI forum(complete with derp-face thumbnail):

Here's another I made for this forum:

Any hints as to what type I am? Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by PistolShrimp; 10-24-2014 at 03:06 AM.