I wonder how much of it is really there and how much of it is projection?

Triggered by the top comment on this video...

this song brings back memories, when i was 9 i lost my dad to a gun, 17 mom to cancer, 21 sister to a car wreck but ive never lost my faith you can overcome anything with god just never lose hope
...this person will always remember this song, always listen to it and maybe cry. Perhaps consider it the pinnacle of emotional depth.

Yet it does nothing for me. There are certain other songs that I dislike immensely but people attach value to them for some reason or another. I wonder how much of it, the value, is there, or whether all value is inherently subjective.

Esp. in regards to art and music. Did the artist of this song intend to have this effect on this person? Probably not. Any or all relation is incidental. By this reasoning, any and all relation to any artwork is coincidental - sometimes our brain can mirror the emotional effect as the artist is intending to transmit, because we might have experienced it before. But other times, our brain mirrors something else, something that's not there in the artwork itself but rather as a misunderstanding, we interpret a facet that we want to see, yet it still affects us just as deeply. It becomes entirely personal, subjective, and still holds the same value.

Hm. I should really stop procrastinating and study for my finals.