Hybrid View

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Again, I'm just talking about how this particular test measures schizotypy. It's obvious that there are questions on it which tend to cause introverts to get higher scores.
    Because it's not obvious to me, judging by the questions on the test, that it conflates N w/ schizotypy.
    The only clear trait that would signify introversion that would cause you to get a higher score is probably suspicion imo. What do odd speech, eccentric behavior, points of reference and magical beliefs have anything to do with introversion? I'd say eccentric behavior might be linked with intuition if anything. Having no close friends is probably irrelevant to introversion as introverts put more energy into having less, but more personal relationships, even though it might be more difficult to achieve for them than extraverts, so it balances out that way. I think what's the most obvious to me is the correlation between being a 6 and being schizotypal. Being tested for levels of social anxiety and levels of suspicion, which are clear 6 traits.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hurrrr, I never said it did. Jesus fucking christ.

Nobody claimed that was relevant.

So you agree then there is no link between introversion and schizotypy as you just said there is little to no relevance at all to any of what the test measured with introversion, thanks for proving my point.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

No you stupid shithead. I said that some of the questions on that particular test unfairly weight towards introversion. That's it.
    I had a feeling you'd degenerate to a childish insult, though knowing you this is not a surprise at all. So debating this with you for any longer is completely pointless because all you do is just undermine claims and insult rather than give any substance to your argument. Anyways my main argument is you are clearly overestimating the link between introversion and schizotypy and I'll leave it at that.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas of reference 3.5 out of 9 Unsure 0
    Excessive social anxiety 2 out of 8 Unsure 0
    Odd beliefs or magical thinking 2.5 out of 7 Unsure 0
    Unusual perceptual experiences 3.5 out of 9 Unsure 0
    Odd or eccentric behavior 2 out of 7 Unsure 0
    No close friends 2 out of 9 Unsure 0
    Odd speech 2 out of 9 Unsure 0
    Constricted affect 0.5 out of 8 Unsure 0
    Suspiciousness 1 out of 8 Unsure 0
    Total SPQ-A 19 out of 74

I guess I am not that weird...

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introversion, in particular introversion stemming from a lack of pleasure derived from social interactions, is an aspect of schizotypy. In addition, some of the questions about lack of friends and suspiciousness might suggest that schizotypes are loners out of fear.

Traveler, you'd do best not bringing pop psych and questionable systems like Socionics into actual psychology. Enjoy each hobby for what it is. Trying to use Socionics as a hermeneutical tool for Socionics (of course you're more schizotypal, you're INXx!) makes as much sense as using Socionics as a hermeneutical tool for astrology (of course you're less perfectionistic than a Virgo, you're an ISXp!) or the Enneagram or whatever. In general, mixing and matching systems is like trying to fit pieces from different jigsaw puzzles together. It doesn't work, the pieces don't fit, and all you wind up with are broken edges and a nonsensical picture.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does "actual" psychology look down on socionics? I bet. But does it not also look down on Meyers Briggs?

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Does "actual" psychology look down on socionics? I bet. But does it not also look down on Meyers Briggs?
    MBTI only has its place in career counseling and not other formats of psychology. Simple formats such as overall Introversion/Extroversion are usually more acceptable as a whole to the field of mental health. However, there are other similar exams which some practioners would find more helpful. I am called a Global/Visual in one exam, for example. I cannot recall the exam name right now, and I know these sorts of psychometry are updated/changed almost yearly. Another factor to consider is that those in the diverse world of mental health often disagree on what is legitimate and what is not. Hell, even the DSM-V is huge controversy. I own the DSM-III and DSM-IV-TR, and the changes as time flows is astounding. Who and why dictates what is and what is not "real" is always a huge debate.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm insulting you because you've concocted entirely frivolous argument which has little to do with what I actually said, which was that some of the questions on this test seem to be unfairly weighted towards introversion. I did not allege a definite link between schizotypy and introversion (there may be a correlation between the two, but I haven't looked into it, so I'm not prepared to say one way or the other).

Either you're an idiot with poor reading comprehension, or a liar who's bent on misrepresenting my position. Which is it?
    Neither, I was just stressed out at the time and wasn't able to think clearly so I overreacted as a result.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ah, okay. My apologies then. Hope you're doing better.
    Thanks.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5