TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Fair enough, it does explain the ambiguity between the two Enneagram types.
    Truthfully it's just an impression gathered from thumbing through a cheap book for five minutes each day on the toilet, plus observing individuals who appear to best suit either type. One important differentiating aspect I'll ponder a bit more is either type's "passion", according to my book being vanity for Threes ("I must perform") and gluttony for Sevens ("I must experience").
    I just want to let you know before hand that my knowledge is limited in Enneagram as it is just something I have only recently decided to take seriously.

The primary reasons I feel 7w6 over 3w2 for woof is his general behavior:

For instance in music, rather than choosing to be a master of one instrument to indicate prowess, which is what a 3 might do. In his case, he has decided to be a jack of all trades, being proficient in several instruments, but not necessarily mastering them. To me this would indicate 7 behavior of wanting to learn several skill traits and not just be limited with one specifically.

I don't really see him as showing that much 8 behavior so a 6 would make sense as a wing for him, though it may not be that obvious at first glimpse. I think he most likely would be a head type over a heart type IMO. However, 3w2 is something that seems believable, but doesn't strike a chord to me as being his dominant form of behavior, which in that case it is most likely a part of his tri-type.

The main question comes down to is woof a head type or a heart type? I choose head type, but heart type is a distinct possibility. However either way, I'm pretty sure he fits the so/sx type stacking very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    I'm just expressing an opinion here, and it's not going to be very helpful to anyone at all, but, I myself just kinda gave up completely on even trying to use the enneagram at all, a while back. This was after a couple years during which I 'tried on' every single one of the enneagram types except types 2 and 8, because those are the only ones that I'm sure I'm not. I did things to try to explain the differences between the enneagram and other typing systems, and in the end, I actually agreed with the people who said that the enneagram was a failed attempt to describe the same personalities that socionics had described better. But it's a long story and ehh, I don't care too much anymore.

Sorry that I can't be of any help, I was just griping.
    I used to feel the same way Nico1e, however I've realized that the Enneagram is essential in describing aspects of ourselves that are not adequately illustrated by Socionics. It covers ground on a lot of areas that Socionics fails to deliver despite the overlap and when you include type stackings than it becomes a more than suitable way to complete the puzzle of who and other people are.
    Last edited by Raver; 09-13-2011 at 05:32 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mentioned to woof earlier that I thought about it a trace more and 7 is quite possibly it. 6 wing would be sensible if that were the case, too.