CAVEAT...This is an experimental impression...just please take it for it what it is.

When looking at VI pictures, I tend to try to understand them by imagining what the people in the pictures are "saying" in their minds that leads to their facial expression. Recently, I was thinking about the VI picture categorizations by Filatova (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=31643) and Ashton (http://gallery.socionix.com). It was interesting to me that some Ashton Ni-INTps look like Filatova INTjs, and that Filatova INTps are spread out into several different NT types in Ashton.

This is NOT to pick on Ashton. I don't know who's "right" between him and Filatova, or whether there is a right answer. Also, Ashton has sometimes voiced a negative opinion of Filatova's writing, so it wouldn't be surprising that their VI interpretations don't match.

Anyhow, here's a first draft of my reactions to these pictures. They could be refined, but here's my first impression. I've only done the NT Club pictures:

Filatova:
INTj: "I know a lot, and that knowledge makes me ready for anything."
INTp: "Give me the problem, and I'm going to pounce on it with lots of skepticism."
ENTp: "I have a devious little idea."
ENTj: "I have everything organized, completed, and prepared, and I'm ready to meet with you."

Ashton:

INTj - about knowing the answer
Ti-INTj: "I don't know the answer. I'm trying to find it."
Ne-INTj: "I know a lot. Now let's focus on you (or on what we can do with it)."

INTp - about responding to incoming information
Te-INTp: "I'm a little skeptical intellectually about what you're saying."
Ni-INTp: "I have something inside me (knowledge, or just a sense) that lets me deal with what you're going to throw my way."

ENTp - about considering a problem or something "out there"
Ti-ENTp: "I'm ready with ingenuity for whatever problem you're ready to show me."
Ne-ENTp: "I'm thinking about something way out there."

ENTj - about some sort of challenge to meet
Te-ENTj: "I'm ready to meet the challenges right now."
Ni-ENTj: "I'm thinking deeper into solving the problem."

Roughly...
Filatova INTj corresponds with Ashton Ne-INTj and Ni-INTp.
Filatova INTp corresponds with Ashton Ti-INTj, Te-INTp, Ti-ENTp, and a little of Ni-ENTj.
Filatova ENTp corresponds vaguely with Ashton Ne-ENTp, less so with Ti-ENTp.
Filatova ENTj corresponds with Ashton Te-ENTj, and a little bit of Ni-ENTj.

Overall, the biggest difference is that INTjs are so smug in Filatova; but through subtype, Ashton found a way that this "smugness" is more distributed between types, causing, for example, subtypes of all four NT club types to have something in common in that they're what we might call "unsmug" or "undecided" types (corresponding to Filatova INTp).

The differences also help explain why I'm ILI in Filatova, but either Ti-ENTp or Ti-INTj in Ashton. As I mentioned, I don't know who's "right"; I basically see these as just two completely different systems.