Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
It in no way implies a lack of critical thinking ability. What the fuck.
gargle agar gar ga gal. Look:

But I've taught myself to always assume that those in power are lying, so I spent hours Googling him, learning about his personality, past controversies, his political positions and their consistency over the years. That shrewdness brought me to the conclusion that was a joke candidate with shape shifting political views, shady business practices, and basically no credibility whatsoever.

How many other Betas do that? Three? The only reason I am able to think in this way is because I went to a private school that taught me how to think instead of what to think.
Think about what critical thinking is and how it applies in this scenario.

Now look at the other parts I quoted earlier. You're suggesting that betas just rush into things emotionally without checking their validity, that you are unique in being able to sort bullshit from truth, and that information is inaccessible to the average beta because it's in "Te" form. Again, what is that saying?

There are a lot of people who swallow whatever they hear, but they're not limited to, or primarily in beta. And there are people who are willing to think, to sort out truth from fiction, and can comprehend without needing an interpretor, both in beta and without.

There is a tendency when emotionally stirred for people to dive in and do something without thought, yes, and quite likely more prevalent in beta, but in the situations you refer to, there is SOO much time and opportunity to take a step back and consider that it's unlikely to keep any person going on just emotion unless they purposely shut off their brains. A pretty speech only fools those who wish to be fooled.