Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Socionics to win

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys don't know how fun it is up here in lala land.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, let him have his grandiose fantasies of superiority, it's funny.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    You guys don't know how fun it is up here in lala land.
    I enjoy it.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The EII one was "alright," but I'm not going to improve it lol. Last night I accidentally said "you have no imagination" to an ESE and she got kind of pissed about it, lol. It might work with LSEs too.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    To LSI:

"Why?"

"Why?"

"Why?"

"Why?"
    I could see that annoying other types too, though. Also, I thought of Russell from Up.

Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Excuse me?

You don't get me at all if you think that all I do is sit around and that I'm a coward.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Excuse me?

You don't get me at all if you think that all I do is sit around and that I'm a coward.
    Well it was enough to get an indignant response out of you so obviously it worked.

See kids? Weaponizing socionics is fun!
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Unless the point is to score the victory through these means, in which case I've won.
    How very shortsighted. lol @ Maritsa's response though.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm.

I think you can use socionics to win. But more via ingratiating yourself to others. And avoiding behaviors you know will frustrate them. But then, you can usually do that just as well by just paying attention to people and what they react well to and what they react poorly to.

I mostly use socionics to like deal with NTs and be like, oh, they didn't mean to be that mean, they just don't have good barriers as to what is cruel to say or not as long as it's true, and sorta the same with beta STs. And with alphas you know it helps you forgive ESEs for being emotionally all over the place and trying to mother you, 'cause you know, that's what they do.

And I guess in class it can help you to predict what a teacher will care most about. But again, most of what I get from socionics is a theoretical model to explain what I would naturally do anyway, just from observing people and reacting well to them. Socionics is I think a good example of a Ti reification of something that Fe would mostly figure out anyway. But then the schematic helps you navigate the maze even if you're speaking to the walls. So there's that.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-PoLR - I like this ______. It fits with who I am and what I'm feeling in this moment.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think any of your examples would work, tbh. If someone said they didn't want to hear what I had to say because they were concerned with eating their lunch or whatever, I would just think they were kind of weird because you can certainly eat and hold a conversation at the same time. I think the best way you can piss someone off is to criticize their ego functions; and to take it a step further, tell them they are no good at them.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12