At the LIIbrary where I work, there are two restrooms. One near the entrance and one in the childrens area. The supervisor decided to make the one in the childrens area locked and for use only by children. The rationale is that children can't hold it in as well and are more likely to have bathroom emergencies so its good to have a restroom very close by.

I had an adult ask me if he could get the key for the children's restroom. He said it was an emergency that he felt like he absolutely couldn't hold it in any longer. So I did what I thought was the common sense thing to do. I let him use it. Sometimes exceptions have to be made.

Apparently the supervisor did not agree with my logic and she gave me a several minute long lecture on how adults should never be allowed to use the children's restroom and how adults should not have bathroom emergencies.

So I brought up the point about what if an adult suddenly felt like he or she had to throw up? I think that would qualify for a true emergency. But the supervisor just acted like I was completely stupid for even bringning that up. She just said, in all ten of my years here, I have never had that happen. Sometimes even if a possibility is improbable doesn't mean it isn't worth considering.

Another time I let a physically challenged old woman use the children's restroom. She walked slowly with a cane and it was obvious she wasn't very physically mobile. I work at a fairly large library and I wasn't going to make her walk all the way to adult restroom. Luckily the supervisor didn't see that instance.

I bring this up because I'm interested in this from a socionics perspective. I think the bolded part is particularly indicative of alpha NT thinking.