First off, this thread is not really a type-me thread. If you're aware of me, you may know that I have seen over time that EIE seems to fit me better overall than IEI (IEs, intertype relations). But I'm not totally attached to being one type or the other. It was the question I came into this forum with--which Beta NF am I? I can live with it being somewhat unresolved indefinitely, and you are welcome to see me as IEI or EIE, or even some other, random type if that gives you a frisson of warped joy. I only ask that if typing me interests you much, to please not talk to me about that topic as if I'm a moron--something almost no one here has actually done (thank you).

Anyway, here's the thing. It creeps me out a little to note that some people on here will possibly see me differently if I am typed one way or the other. It creeps me out even more to consider that I might alter my own behavior depending on which type I think I more likely am.

Who here has experienced this (and is willing to admit it)?

Aside from always being led back to a desire to somehow know or imagine how IEs could reflect real, potentially measurable cognitive differences among people, Socionics appeals to me personally at this time because I really want to understand myself better. More important, I want to be myself better.

I'm asking myself, therefore: Does Socionics help with self-knowledge, or does it hinder it? I'm sure it can do either/both, but in what ways?