emerging mental imagery.

Lately, I've been reconsidering my understanding of Ni. Before, I was basically defining it as implicit causation, or unapparent causation. The awareness of how an event is caused and what effect it will cause. I still think this is part of Ni, but I'm starting to think it's only one aspect of it which isn't what Ni really focuses on all the time. I was thinking that Ni is actually mental images which come to awareness from seemingly no immediate source. Ni base types would essentially travel along images of the mind which may be events of the past or compositions of those events. What they're focused on is essentially the same as a dream: events which happen that may be in someway based on events of the past, the events themselves, or similar events. The level of control would be similar to a dream as well. There is only a degree of control over what images come to mind. Often things just unfold the way that a person would expect it to rather than what they would like it to. So the reason why they are often known as being aware of events in time is because they focus on the visualization of how things may have been caused or what they will cause. Of course all people have this mental imagery and vision, but the Ni type would have the most conscious awareness of it.

Do you think this is accurate?