A science teacher from my childhood once told me that truth is the intersection of belief and knowledge. Knowledge without belief is stubborn and close minded. Belief without knowledge is blind and intellectually irresponsible/dishonest.
While I'm sure anyone who has studied even basic epistemology will be bored by the following, it is necessary to define what we may discuss;

Knowledge; Evidence, reasoning, existing or proposed formulae (including existing postulates/theories). Generally measurable and testable. Ex; the length of a pencil.
A belief is something that is believed to be true but has nothing that can be described as 'knowledge' to back it up. Ex; belief in a higher power.
A theory ideally an equilibrium in the amount of intersecting belief and knowledge, leading to a consensus of 'truth', ex; The Theory of Gravity.

Based on these definitions, is Socionis a theory or belief?
If it is a theory, what kind of knowledge does it have reinforcing its claims?
If it is a belief, for what reason should we believe in it?

These are questions everyone should ask themselves before accepting socionics. If we could try to provide some answers here, I and anyone with similiar desire to live a life untouched by superstition and fanatacism will be greatly appreciative, even if it leads to the conclusion that socionics is a belief.

I make this topic because I have have been trying to eliminate 'beliefs' that are taken for granted in my life. Socionics has recently been a problem. Until now I have been mostly able to justify my interest in it by running circles around anyone who tried to disprove it by referring them to commonsensical notions like T, F, N and S. However, recently I have encountered opposition that suggests that while all commonsensical ideas regarding socionics may exist independently and codependently alike, there is really nothing I can provide to make them believe they arrange themselves neatly into 16 types.