Hybrid View

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    What, because I dislike being talked about and having to deal with mischaracterizations of me? Yeah, that sounds great.
    I felt the same way when people doubted my self-typing. Come join SEI. We have cookies.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE-Ni fits pretty well I think.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may wish to be noted by whomever takes an interest that in the original poll there were 4 votes for gamma that I had to delete in order to expand the poll options. It's probably safe to assume that those votes were for LIE
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my opinion of ashton's type is not a strong one. i don't have a big impression. he seems more logical than ethical though.

i thought i was an IEE for years (MBTI in my 20's) absolutely convinced of it. i was influenced by cultural expectations that women should be ethical, although i would not have put it that way at the time.

self typings are important since we don't have good tests. on the other hand, it's good to take one's own self typing with a grain of salt....there might be things operating within you that push you to want to be different than you really are...and then you confuse wanting to be different with actually being different and end up with a false self typing.

speaking generally, not related to ashton here. socionics is a program of rigorous honesty. taking a look at that nasty polr and role function, those childish dual seeking and hidden agenda needs is hard. it's hard to own them when they are true....much easier to self type as another type.

anyway, when i was younger, i think i knew deep down inside i wasn't ethical. but i was raised in a family that expected Fi. so i tried and tried for years. i thought i could learn to be ethical. well, not on my own steam i couldn't. i have improved slightly being around some Fe types though.

the whole point of this theory is self knowledge...you've got to be ready to look squarely at yourself. socionics is not for the timid that's for sure.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE? Not by the very short hair of my kinny, kin, kin!
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE-Ni fits pretty well IMO, but you could make a convincing case for EIE. I don't see SLE at all.
    Stan is not my real name.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE is very likely taking in mind that Ashton types Ceasar as his identical.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont have time to read thru the whole thread but i just want to say that if Ashton were to be a type different from LIE, I would pick LSE over SLE.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ugh all this "16types vs Socionix!!1" shit and wars about who's a real Gamma and who isn't has gotten beyond old

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    ugh all this "16types vs Socionix!!1" shit and wars about who's a real Gamma and who isn't has gotten beyond old
    I know, I thought we were so past this. I find Ezra's lack of faith...disturbing.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    For real. Everyone's said things they aren't proud of. Let's just leave that centuries old blood feud behind us and move on. We can all question or support Ashton's LIE typing without invoking a four year old flame war (most of whose participants don't even post here anymore) every time it's brought up.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way ashton interacts with others on this forum does make me want to say Ti-creative, and I actually don't see a lot of reason to think he is Te-ego. And, I'm not inclined to believe that ashton is an ethical type. Based on my limited impression, I am leaning toward SLE.

The least you guys could do if you're going to have these typing wars is give reasons for your opinions like ezra and poli. I especially liked gilly's sprinkling of meaningless assertions with no back-up thoughts or anything.
    3w4-5w6-9w8