Thread: My beef with the function definitions (field, external, etc)

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, but that's one perspective. An intellectual perspective. Examples of functions and information elements are much simpler in day to day life though.

Step away from the keyboard!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(and this is still Ti)
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Okay, but that's one perspective. An intellectual perspective. Examples of functions and information elements are much simpler in day to day life though.

Of course it's an intellectual perspective, that's implicit in the structure of the OP. Why do you want to "play the sensor" is beyond me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a matter of "playing the sensor". It's a matter of living life. And not over-analyzing, missing the forest for the trees.
    SEE

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with others, this sounds totally static and missing the point of dynamics. Personally, I find "focus on constant aspects of reality" and "focus on changeable aspects of reality" infinitely more useful than usual image vs movie analogy. Or otherwise, I could describe statics as "objects' qualities and how they relate to each other", and dynamics as "objects' actions and interactions". I stand by subjectivity/objectivity - described as individual viewpoint vs unifying viewpoints to create a viewpoint-independent image - going with introversion/extraversion (field/object), and also qualitative/quantitative.

I disagree with example of "Te", by the way. Te isn't classification of objects. Te is explicit actions of objects, which usually relates to how useful something is (for a given purpose).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post