Threaded View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default How did I do?

So a dual asked me these questions, I want to get some feedback on how I did with my answers? What do you guys think? Minde, please respond to this, thanks.

Well, alright. So, you hate dating. I take this to mean that you dislike the sequence of stilted first-meetings, and that you are eager to get past those awkward moments and have one person you can settle in with, share activities both social and domestic.

-That's right. I do not like the mystery of the first-meetings although I really love people and find most very fascinating and interesting to speak with; it's just that I'm not assertive enough to tell someone that I no longer want to see them, if or when I find that it's not a match. I like the old system where people grew up knowing the boys in town, from either having gone to school with them or having interacted with them in social settings like community events or church.

Tell me a little about your upbringing/family. Where were you born and/or raised. Where did you go to school. If you're a book-worm, what kinds of books do you like to read (or, if that evolves, what did you read vs what do you read of late). What's the last book you read, current book you're reading, and next book you plan to read.

-I was born in Armenia, came here when I was 9 and grew up in LA. My dad was born in Syria and his side of the family traveled or stayed in and around the Middle Eastern region. My mom was born in Armenia and grew up there. I went to CSUN for undergrad and took last year off on personal matters but I was in the Psychology Grad program at CSLA; I am planning to go back this following semester. I read a lot of different books; I like anything from real current issues related topics to medicine and even art. For publications, I read the NY Times, online and Newsweek.

-Last book I read was Ivan Turgenev's First Love, the current book is Christianity by Chidester, and next one will be Love Secrets Revealed: What Happy Couples Know About Having Great Sex, Deep Intimacy and a Lasting Connection - Allen Berger

What is the difference between a smart person and an intellectual?

-Smart people reflect information and get good grades because they can store a lot of info and intellectual is a person who can integrate multiple factors of thought and have a well rounded conversation.

Tell me about a trip that you took that has stuck in your head for years and years, if not for the inherent memorability of the place you visited, then for some extraordinary experience you had while you were there.

-Let's hold off on this one until I go to my next trip.

If you appreciate fine art, literature, and sophisticated things, do you deride with words such as 'plebeian' things such as sports watching on tv?
    -no I don't I am not a stuffed shirt, sports are not for the commoners...haha.

Whereabouts do you live? What sort of outdoor activities do you enjoy (counting even something like breakfast at an outdoor cafe).

-I eat out a lot and I enjoy it; I live near Griffith Park in Los Feliz and I love to hike and take my friend's dog out. When I have or make time I wouldn't mind cycling.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-01-2010 at 12:10 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html