Thread: Which type is most likely to succeed?

Hybrid View

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    (Please ignore me everyone, no need to answer to me directly, I'm just stating something for the record. If you like to debate it, please do but don't expect me to answer.)

This is a particularly interesting question I've been playing with myself lately.
    Firstly, success implies a result. So it's the application of a creative function. So only creative subtypes compete in this skill IMO.
    Second, success implies a positive result by the very nature of the meaning of the word. To the static types the continuance of the journey is the objective whereas dynamic types feel enjoyment at actually reaching a goal. So only dynamic types apply.
    So we come to a question, do we mean success in a particular issue, in which case Te and Fe of IP's seems to be the function to use (though they achieve this by seeming like losers in a more general sense of the word) or just success as a generally positive outcome in which case we should be talking about Ej-Si and Ni (though they achieve this by making innumerable, but particular sacrifices in their own life and losing a lot in that way).
    (Basically dynamics are losers during the journey but can reach success, statics lead a winner's life but lose in the end.)

That's all. Again, sorry for the intrusion.
    aw
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The types to succeed are the ones most willing to work hard, smart, and have some blind luck. =]
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire