Thread: VI request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plynex View Post
    Yeah, it would be quite easy for all introverts if it would always work like this. Maybe too easy... :wink:
    How do you feel about comedy? What kind of comedy do you watch?
    How do you feel about cursing, or saying bad words?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    How do you feel about comedy? What kind of comedy do you watch?
    How do you feel about cursing, or saying bad words?
    I only laugh about certain styles of comedy. I like funny puns, for example. Most shows which are on TV are not funny at all, even if they try to be. There are plenty of people who burst with laughter, but I can hardly smile about it. Maybe it's also because most german comedy shows and stand-up comedians are just not good.

I'm trying not to use too many curses and I'm annoyed by people who don't care.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I only laugh about certain styles of comedy. I like funny puns, for example. Most shows which are on TV are not funny at all, even if they try to be. There are plenty of people who burst with laughter, but I can hardly smile about it. Maybe it's also because most german comedy shows and stand-up comedians are just not good.

I'm trying not to use too many curses and I'm annoyed by people who don't care.
    Passion is something that is typically not what you prefer for other, is this because you want them to take a conscious and calculated steps in fulfilling goals? You see I don't know how to translate what you see about passion that is different from ISTp; ISTp's are very passionate. How would you describe passion as something that you don't like?

My mom is INTp by the way, and she gets excited but when I display passion she gets skeptical...why is that?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-female

Hi Plynex!! I agree with Maritsa in that you seem very pleasant. I'm not too great at VI except in specific instances, but I do think there is some merit to the idea that NTs VI similarly.

I like stories which are well told, but I hate it if every detail of everything is described to the last. I had to read one of those books and it annoyed me extremely.
    I'm curious, what book was it?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Hi Plynex!! I agree with Maritsa in that you seem very pleasant. I'm not too great at VI except in specific instances, but I do think there is some merit to the idea that NTs VI similarly.

I'm curious, what book was it?
    Thank you dolphin! Well, it was a long time ago. The book was called "The 13th prediction" (directly translated from german) and I had to read it for school in a lower grade. I don't even know if it has been translated into english.

Passion is something that is typically not what you prefer for other, is this because you want them to take a conscious and calculated steps in fulfilling goals? You see I don't know how to translate what you see about passion that is different from ISTp; ISTp's are very passionate. How would you describe passion as something that you don't like?

My mom is INTp by the way, and she gets excited but when I display passion she gets skeptical...why is that?

I would say I'm definitely passionated if I want to reach a goal. No matter if it's about climbing a mountain or creating something. I admit that people maybe don't recognize it and think I would be rather indifferent about that. However, close friends or family members know when I really throw myself into a certain cause. I prefer if people are aware what likely will happen in reality, even if they are passionated about something which seems unreal, you know? I mean it's no problem if it seems to be impossible, important is that you can cope with it if it's not working at the end.

Maybe your mum is skeptical because she never knows if you're really commited to it. I also get skeptical if people display very much passion. Perhaps because I deal with passion quite "silently" and just for myself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That makes complete sense to me...

ISTp voice passion by gestures and outwardly spoken words, will work hard and are motivated about their passion
    INTp silent about their passion and only exhude excitement and hard work as a motivation of that passion

You're right about my mom, she does want me to stay commited at tasks and finish things I start...thank you.

How about your diet? What do you enjoy eating or not?

I believe that one major difference between you and INTj is sex drive; you see alpha quad like to take a long time in the bedroom, whereas you are much more conscious about time and things that need to be done and don't want to waste time in this area. It's a part of that unnecessary lingering and redundency.

You are more conservative and less likely to discuss things of sexual nature in public. Am I correct?
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right about my mom, she does want me to stay commited at tasks and finish things I start...thank you.

How about your diet? What do you enjoy eating or not?
    ...even though I'm also prone to quit things I'm working on (if they are not necessary to be done or just things I wanted to do), I do believe it's better to finish things. I started to write about 4 stories but never finished one...

In general, I like eating very much. I'm lucky because I can virtually eat whatever I want without getting fat. I like a balanced diet, not too much meat, but also not just vegetables all the time. I'm not too worried about the things I eat, but I try to keep it healthy. I'm also not a fan of very fatty things.

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    haha like the bit about the german humor; i hear the dutch constantly claim there's really no such thing as german humor (baited comment ). you should check out this Irish dude, Dylan Moran, great stand-up !! There are plenty of other great Brits with a fantastic sense of humor! (should compile a list, or maybe will start a separate thread at some point) Just go to youtube and search for him when you get a chance.
    Yeah, I'll check it out, thanks. There are some Brits with rather unusual humor... but not the worst, I suppose.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Plynex;622844
    In general, I like eating very much. I'm lucky because I can virtually eat whatever I want without getting fat. I like a balanced diet, not too much meat, but also not just vegetables all the time. I'm not too worried about the things I eat, but I try to keep it healthy. I'm also not a fan of very fatty things.
    [/QUOTE]

Eatting and not gaining proper form of weight as in protein and muscle development is actually specifically related to N types; it's not healthy for us not to have a good digestive system like this.
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that thing about german humor was a joke btw, hope you don't take it too seriously. Have you read Calvin & Hobbes ? prolly not type-related, but great nonetheless.
    No seriously, german humor isn't that great. (If you regard what is shown on TV as "german" humor.) Have you ever heard of Michael Mittermeier? He's the worst of all of them. I heard about Calvin & Hobbes, I think, but I've not read it.

@Maritsa33:
    Maybe, but I guess there's nothing I could do against it.

could somebody please tell me how to post pics ? is it [img]url of image[/img]?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaknet View Post
    could somebody please tell me how to post pics ? is it [img]url of image[/img]?
    I think so. It's that what you get from that "Insert Image"-Botton from above, isn't it?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Now, that is Gamma humor...fun....ESFj's will like that very much as well, and will be very attracted to INTp's mistaking them for their dual, but one small difference in j/p makes all the world in duality.
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, quite funny indeed. I'm now on the homepage of C&H and skim through the comic strips. I used to like Loriot comics, he's a german comedian with a very witty humor I think. Here are some examples:

the two following are from "Take it easy"

"Young people can also be happy without high school diploma."

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    Basically if you do this then that will happen or this could occur and that will affect this which in turn will affect that...Have you thought of this...Maybe this is an option...Sometimes people don't like me coming up with all of the negative possibilities....But this is just me.
    This is what I do non stop. I have to try to not do it so much but I can't help but still do it. So basically always have done and always will.
    I see Delta NF-ish . . .

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plynex, do you tend to warn people (friends, family and such) about any potential consequences to their actions/decisions? Are you worried about them in this respect?
    Sometimes, I do. If I get the feeling that they aren't aware of the negative consequences which their actions could cause. Some people ask my advice, but that doesn't happen very frequently.

I think I don't worry too much. For instance, if I tell someone that it's not a good idea to do something and explain him the reasons why I'm convinced of that and he does it anyway, I let him do it.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you give an example plynex?
    Well, for example if they want to make a larger purchase and I know a better or much cheaper possibility to get the same. (Only legal of course ) But in general, it's about everything. If I think I know a better or maybe safer way I'll say it. (yeah, I'm often called "wise guy") But as I said, if they understand my point and act differntly, I don't worry about it. Not because I'm mad if they don't do what I said, but because they listened to me and decided their way would be better. That's okay since I believe everyone should do what they think it's right.

Another example would be a girl I know which uses the tanning bed excessively. I told her it would ruin her skin and she could already see the results today(!). She uses it anyway, so I say she has to live with the consequences.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, for example if they want to make a larger purchase and I know a better or much cheaper possibility to get the same. (Only legal of course ) But in general, it's about everything. If I think I know a better or maybe safer way I'll say it. (yeah, I'm often called "wise guy") But as I said, if they understand my point and act differntly, I don't worry about it. Not because I'm mad if they don't do what I said, but because they listened to me and decided their way would be better. That's okay since I believe everyone should do what they think it's right.

Another example would be a girl I know which uses the tanning bed excessively. I told her it would ruin her skin and she could already see the results today(!). She uses it anyway, so I say she has to live with the consequences.
    I wish I were a little more like you and my mom in this regard; I do kinda mind when people don't listen to me, that's why I silently act on my own beliefs anyway; it's a little defiant but I'm sure they don't mind, especially since I make it up to them in other ways.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-15-2010 at 07:49 PM.
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I were a little more like you and my mom in this regard; I do kinda mind when people don't listen to me, that's why I silently act on my own beliefs anyway; it's a little defiant but I'm sure they don't mind, especially since I make it up to them in other ways.
    I can understand this, because it maybe also helps the people better in the current situation. I prefer to let them learn by themselves out of their mistakes. But I have to say that I can also be wrong, perhaps their way was the better one after all. If so, there was never a problem and I didn't push them to take my bad advice.

lol @ the tanning bed and large legal purchases Do people use artificial tanning a lot where you live? I don't for fear of ending up looking like Berlusconi! I know just a couple lines here and there aren't enough for typing, but i no see no reason to believe you aren't INTp. Btw, i started a thread about typing a comedian (Dylan Moran) - do you want to take a shot and see what you think? It's under Personas Famosas, but isn't getting many hits. I don't really get how typing somebody's "MILF" gets more hits around here than the genius of a comedian ...
    Well, read your last sentence again word for word and you'll get the answer. :wink: Well, actually there are very few people who use tanning beds here... especially in winter! So she's definitely an eye-catcher (but not necessarily in the best sense of the word). Sure, I can take a look at him, but I have no V.I. experience at all. And also my normal typing seems not to be the best. :wink:

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't have to VI actually, just use your own best judgment. i highly doubt we'll be able to nail his type anyway. it's hard w/comedians, i never know when they're in character or just being themselves
    Yeah, you're right about that. I think many of them wear masks in their jobs. It's all the same with those media related people... in most cases.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol pretty useless typing them then, isn't it? i asked you coz i thought he may be INTp too...sorry, you can stay out of it if you like
    Maybe you can only determine their type if you know them personally. Or if you knew them before they started their careers. Hey, no problem, it's just like a random shot if I try to type anyone. I'm quite confident about the types of my parents and the one of my best friend, but I'm not even sure about my brother's... not that good I'd say. :wink:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Basically if you do this then that will happen or this could occur and that will affect this which in turn will affect that...Have you thought of this...Maybe this is an option...Sometimes people don't like me coming up with all of the negative possibilities....But this is just me.
    Suzzy, these possibilities and myrid of options that you produce is the use of Ne in your third spot: read here the sequence of postings exchanged between myself and another forum memeber and you can what I speak of why Ne in you doesn't mean that you're not intuitive, but that it doesn't fully allow you to settle because of this coaster of ideas it shoots out...

Originally Posted by Mariella:

She tries to get this VI system going, though it's a pretty ridiculous thing. But I could see that being someone who values Ti and is very weak at it. Also, IME those of us with the whole Ne/Fi thing are often plagued by self doubt. Actually it seems like Alpha Ne types are the same. If someone suggests another type for us, we feel compelled to investigate that possibility. I've investigated IEI and ILE when people suggested those types, for instance. And I'm much older than she is so she can't say it's her age and maturity that have caused how sure of things she is. (And I don't find her all that mature anyway. There are teenagers here who seems more mature to me.) Anyway, that desire for absolute certainty and avoidance of looking into other possibilities points toward Se and away from Ne, in my opinion.

Although, honestly, she seems a bit odd and that would certainly cloud her type. I can't say for sure she isn't EII. (There's that Ne. Can't close off possibilities.)

Maritsa:
    That is what I am trying to do; I am weak at systems but I understand the structure and dynamic interplay of types; I can't explain it because of Ne and lack of good communication, which none of my self proclaimed duals here, have taken time and energy to help clairify...

Originally Posted by Mariella:

Although, honestly, she seems a bit odd and that would certainly cloud her type. I can't say for sure she isn't EII. (There's that Ne. Can't close off possibilities.)

Maritsa:
    And your Ne is in your third spot therefore you can not make full use of it like Ti for me; so you are SEE in reality; do you see the connection?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maybe you can only determine their type if you know them personally. Or if you knew them before they started their careers. Hey, no problem, it's just like a random shot if I try to type anyone. I'm quite confident about the types of my parents and the one of my best friend, but I'm not even sure about my brother's... not that good I'd say. :wink:
    Plynex...

How would you advise an SEE to shut off their thinking and get a full nights rest, sleep?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You seem to have a clear premonition of the future.

Well, the problem is that the information which I give to you is already filtered, meaning my subconscious mind will decide what I'll let you know and what not. However, I can tell you this:

I'm very introverted, have a small circle of acquaintances and I'm not prone to go to parties. I'm into psychology and philosophy but also enjoy doing practical things if they are about realizing an idea. Even those who don't look like they could be done or lead to a satisfying result. I'm adept in using languages, but not theoretical grammar. I'm quite scatterbrained and I forget things. On the other hand, I tend to remember birthdays and important dates well. Being on time is very important for me. I couldn't imagine to leave the house without a watch and I get angry if others don't care. I have often many ideas and I'm quite creative, also artistic. Math, physics and chemistry are not my favourite subjects.
    How do you view time? What importance does it have for you?
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plynex...
    How would you advise an SEE to shut off their thinking and get a full nights rest, sleep?
    I would say plug out your telephone, shut down your PC, listen to some relaxing music and wait until you fall asleep. :wink:

you're right, of course! that problem has been obvious for too long, but it doesn't always stop one from trying cheers
    edit: what are your parents types? just curious
    My father is an ISTj, my mother ISFj. But they are not totally sure, even if I let them take one test.

How do you view time? What importance does it have for you?
    I think time is rather important for me. It's necessary for me to be on time and I take lots of time to do tasks and personal projects. Sometimes it can be quite difficult for me to manage my time and to allot it. Like everything, it's relative at the end so it's basically no problem for me to do "nothing" if it's fun. However, boredom is not very good for me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My father is an ISTj, my mother ISFj. But they are not totally sure, even if I let them take one test.
    You can post your pictures of your parents for me to type. Or, send me a PM
    -

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are most likely INTp and that's really nice to have you on this forum(INTps here are extremely rare). Hope you will enjoy it here.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    You are most likely INTp and that's really nice to have you on this forum(INTps here are extremely rare). Hope you will enjoy it here.
    Thank you! I appreciate your opinion. I hope so, too.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for digging this thread out of it's grave, I hope you don't mind.

The reason why some people rather typed me Extrovert or Alpha type could be that I might be the logical subtype of ILI. According to Gulenko this subtype can appear a bit more Alpha-like (how I understood it). What's your opinion about these subtypes, are they reliable to better describe your individual type?

You are more conservative and less likely to discuss things of sexual nature in public. Am I correct?
    I missed this question. Yes, you are right. I think it's somewhat obnoxious if people do.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    You know my answer already:
    ILI works, as far as I can tell.
    I read that an ILI with logical subtype equals most accurate an mbti-INTP. This could be the explanation why I often score as INTP in mbti tests.

For education purposes? How are you like in bed?
    Haha well, assuming that you have stated this fact:
    "You are more conservative and less likely to discuss things of sexual nature in public." for Gamma types, and because I perceive the internet as a public place, I would say that the answer for your question is part of the category of "not-going-to-talk-about".
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I read that an ILI with logical subtype equals most accurate an mbti-INTP. This could be the explanation why I often score as INTP in mbti tests.

Haha well, assuming that you have stated this fact:
    "You are more conservative and less likely to discuss things of sexual nature in public." for Gamma types, and because I perceive the internet as a public place, I would say that the answer for your question is part of the category of "not-going-to-talk-about".
    That's perfectly fine with me; thank you. It's wonderful to have you here.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's wonderful to have you here.
    Thank you!

Could be. I have an ILI friend who could not find his type for two years or so. I don't remember very well, but afaik he also used to test INTP. Neither I had a good understanding that time, but one day we figured out the answer. I could ask him about his test results.
    As of today his type is a certainty for both of us, we know LII people as well and this type is excluded - actually his gf was LII (I said "was" because I hope they broke-up already, didn't talk to him for a while).
    Sounds interesting. What do you mean with "excluded"? I got INTJ (yeah, with capital j, it was mbti this day) after my very first test. But this was just a extra short version, similar to the socionics turbo (not XL) test on socionics.com. After that, I was always unsure about it, once I had ISTJ, then INFP. But nowadays I'm pretty confident about my type. Well, and as you know, probably Te subtype, but I'm not 100% sure.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean we talked so much about types (including his), the theory, our observations, our values, and things matched so much together (for so long) and we agreed so much about things that INTj is out of question for him nowdays, unlike that time we had doubts. We are both confident about his type as we are about mine.

Yes, he's the doubtful kind anyway, he always thinks like "but what if actually ... ?", leaves room for anything, being an ILI he never can say "I'm 100% sure!" if asked, but of course he goes confidently on this. The difference is that I simply suddenly understood everything like "bang!" - all fell in place and I don't think in matters like "this is the best match" but "this is it".
    Yeah, I understand. I also read a lot about typology, I always discovered new traits of me, which I didn't know before... this changed my view of my type several times. When I learned more about socionics, I was more confident about it. Maybe this sudden enlightenment of your friend is -related? :wink:
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, he's the doubtful kind anyway, he always thinks like "but what if actually ... ?", leaves room for anything, being an ILI he never can say "I'm 100% sure!" if asked, but of course he goes confidently on this. The difference is that I simply suddenly understood everything like "bang!" - all fell in place and I don't think in matters like "this is the best match" but "this is it".
    That's very close to how INTJs describe themselves and INTPs on MBTI forums, actually. (INTP like ILI, INTJ like ILE.) And sudden realization ("a-ha" or "bang!" moment) is Ni in MBTI. It's hardly surprising INTP is a more likely choice for INTp in that system.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand this. "Evrika" is afaik specific to Ne/Ti (so both LII and ILE) most than anything, I'm not sure whether we're talking about the same thing.
    In socionics, yes. I explicitly stated "in MBTI". I try to show you that cognitive processes are *this* differently described in that system. Which is why any conversion to/from MBTI, if it was to happen in the first place, shouldn't use functions as they are different, especially irrational/perceiving ones.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, ok. I didn't understand that part with "INTP like ILI", I thought you said that that's how they correspond, or something . Yeah, I agree with this.
    The meaning of this part was "the way you describe your ILI friend is a lot like INTPs are described on MBTI forums", and analogically with yourself and INTJ. I know types don't always correspond.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12