Thread: Physiological temperament testing

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Physiological temperament testing

Since socionics is said to have a physiological basis I don't see why simple tests of this nature couldnt be devised. They probably already exist. Gather enough data on enough people or look at already established databases to see if there is any overlap with Ip/Ep and EJ/IJ. This would only give temperament as far I know.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem, as far as I know, is that we Socionists are too poor to afford such a study...
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Since socionics is said to have a physiological basis I don't see why simple tests of this nature couldnt be devised. They probably already exist. Gather enough data on enough people or look at already established databases to see if there is any overlap with Ip/Ep and EJ/IJ. This would only give temperament as far I know.
    yes, it's not so hard to develope a reasonable good test.

but most people who start developing a test, try to make it based on functions. Which is not reliable.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought perhaps an extended stress test/lie detector test or a voice test could be devised, have them read a standard paper and then see the deviations in their voice. And facial recognition software is so good these days...isn't most of London and urban UK in the databank?
    If you were at a decent university there you could try do a psychology study, establish say 500-1000 peoples temperament,established by a small committee and then compare to that or any database with them in it.

I partially got the idea for the voice test by looking at certain static/dynamic musicians in audio editing software. Since the music shows up as waveforms I though perhaps the energy would be reflected in their music. Take a look at the "alternative theories" section of the forum at some of the music posted. I'll post some pics, and a measurement of the "peak to average".(Measure of dynamics!)

Certain genres seem more "static" (they have reduced dynamic range), especially the popular ones like rock, pop, rap,techno etc and have become moreso. People have begun to complain about this (google loudness war). Bob Dylan complained modern music was just a wall of sound like listening to "static". This type of music has been influenced probably because of sound pollution of the industrialized world(perhaps most people have less sensitive hearing)., particuraly the loud environment of the car, crappy mobile speakers and ipods (large amounts of power are required to convey accurate dynamic changes, something mobile devices dont do well).
    Industrialized nations as a whole resembling EJ/Ij energy?

This is more conjecture but learning music in class i remember static (IJ) types had trouble conveying dynamics and played the same ridgid tunes, and needed EJ's energy to register any changes. But EJ's would overdo the whole lacking nuance. These were basic learning style differences you would see in any class but particuarly where they say: make this more or less dynamic! This could be a strength of Fe/Fi I see as well.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's possible that they do such testing in Russian, but Socionics hasn't really gained momentum, in the rest of the world, to have the funding, outlets, professionals, etc, to really thoroughly test it.
    Even if it did there's still the aspect of it breaking into other divisions, each arguing against what Socionics really means...just look at these boards
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired