Thread: 6 fixation?

Hybrid View

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    don't forget 7s

there's a reason why they call us the mental triad.
    I thought 7's stay busy, scattered, and go from one interesting thing to the next as a way of preventing anxiety and boredom... their lifestyle I thought was built in prevention from paranoia.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Embracing my failings would be like knocking down the walls of my house.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    their lifestyle I thought was built in prevention from paranoia.
    Precisely. Just like 5s and 6s. The only difference is in method.

It's not normal for 5s and 6s to be paranoid
    They're only paranoid when under stress or unhealthy.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Creepy-male

Precisely. Just like 5s and 6s. The only difference is in method.
    Yea but I guess what I mean is 5/6 are more like they are battling paranoia.... 7 is more like it is running from paranoia. 7's devolve by getting more and more scattered and impulse, then at the bottom they just become depressed and tired.... 7's typical disorder is Manic/Depressive... the MO of a 7 by its nature makes them immune to paranoia in a way, they are always running and when they stop they break apart becoming depressed.... since they are running paranoia can never catch up with them and when they stop they get so depressed that those feeling overmask any paranoia.

a 6 if you will is apt to "build" a wall to keep the paranoia out, a mental wall made from stones and mortar... the stones being the ideas and thoughts they hold true, and the mortar being the loyalty they have in those ideas/thoughts.

5's are a different ball game, the 5's want to be competent... when they feel incompetent they get paranoid and fearful. They don't build wall or run, but prepare for paranoia by feeling extremely competent about a particular field, studying it in depth... those feelings of competence make them feel invunerable to paranoia, but occasionally they will focus to much energy into "a" as a way of dealing with their fear of "b" and thats when things get out of control for a 5.

So in a sense 7's run from anxiety
    6's build walls to protect them from anxiety
    5's train themselves to be competent to feel capable of dealing with anxiety
    Last edited by male; 10-13-2009 at 09:10 PM.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea but I guess what I mean is 5/6 are more like they are battling paranoia.... 7 is more like it is running from paranoia. 7's devolve by getting more and more scattered and impulse, then at the bottom they just become depressed and tired.... 7's typical disorder is Manic/Depressive... the MO of a 7 by its nature makes them immune to paranoia in a way, they are always running and when they stop they break apart becoming depressed.... since they are running paranoia can never catch up with them and when they stop they get so depressed that those feeling overmask any paranoia.
    I guess in that sense you're right, but it's important to recognize that all 3 mental triad types have overactive minds and therefore have a lot of anxiety resulting from the many unknowns(source of paranoia). Anxiety and paranoia are quite similar in that they result from uncertainty. All three mental triad types suffer most from this and focus on coping with it.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that all three types suffer from anxiety and paranoia(which I'm arguing is just the result of extreme anxiety). So,7s suffer from the same thing, and at unhealthy levels become engulfed by it just as 5s and 6s do.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're all crazy paranoid peoples who are just trying to cope with it. 5s, 6s, and 7s anyway
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Creepy-male

I guess in that sense you're right, but it's important to recognize that all 3 mental triad types have overactive minds and therefore have a lot of anxiety resulting from the many unknowns(source of paranoia). Anxiety and paranoia are quite similar in that they result from uncertainty. All three mental triad types suffer most from this and focus on coping with it.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that all three types suffer from anxiety and paranoia(which I'm arguing is just the result of extreme anxiety). So,7s suffer from the same thing, and at unhealthy levels become engulfed by it just as 5s and 6s do.
    Yea yea I understand that... you are definitally right about all 3 in the triad

but I am just saying that 7's don't really confront their anxiety they run from it
    in the same way that its misleading to think of a 9 as being an "angry/rageful" type... the 9 deals with rage/anger by ignoring it.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but I am just saying that 7's don't really confront their anxiety they run from it
    in the same way that its misleading to think of a 9 as being an "angry/rageful" type... the 9 deals with rage/anger by ignoring it.
    True true. All the positivist types (2,7,9) ignore their problems.

competent types (1,3,5) try to control their problems.

reactive types (4,6,8) fight against them.
    3w4-5w6-9w8