Thread: 6 fixation?

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think 6, 8, and maybe even 1 and 7 being pretty stereotypically "psychotic."
    There's no proof for this. 6s think too much but stereotypically aren't psychotic, if anything its the opposite. 6s and 1s go out of there way usually to appear 'normal' so others won't make them more nervous (as compared to 4s who revel in their uniqueness). Sounds like you might be confusing 6s and 4s which is a common error.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    There's no proof for this. 6s think too much but stereotypically aren't psychotic, if anything its the opposite. 6s and 1s go out of there way usually to appear 'normal' so others won't make them more nervous (as compared to 4s who revel in their uniqueness). Sounds like you might be confusing 6s and 4s which is a common error.
    oh ho ho hoooooo

nonononono

You've got thhe wrong idea lol

this is an internet forum that I feel somewhat comfortable in. I impulsively made this thread for suggestions...

irl I do not spaz out. Only in very rare cases and it is bafflement-terror or righteousness-brazenness.

Wow, actually I seriously just noticed how that fits with 6...

Yeah, I am very unpsychotic socially. Polite and contained whilst alone in public with a pervasive sense of apprehension (planning how im gonna walk down the stairs into the cafe, tempering my expressions, averting eyes, etc). If I'm with someone I feel less nervous and calm down.

Also, the opening post was misleading. Although my feelings of betrayal and thus anger were directed at this silly thing, thinking the situation over, I was projecting previous feelings of betrayal onto this incidence (and yes it was about people very close to me).

I am not writing this off as soley a psychological characteristic outside of my "control", but the terror and lashing out against betrayal is the origin of this. That is related to 6 fixation.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just think that quite simply, the internet is a place to mouth off in. =D So no worries.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I tried to be nice, but I'll be more direct this time: It has nothing to do with him being a 6.

He's blaming something he could change with time and effort (how he reacts to things) on some sort of innate personality characteristic. Even if he's more sensitive than most, he has to understand with a little reasoning that it's just silly for him to get upset over somebody changing their type. Now who am I to say what people should feel or not, but how about actually being upset when people really do fuck you over instead of childish things like that? It just comes across as sheltered and spoiled.

I'm gonna be hard on Jake cause he obviously knows better.
    I still don't see why it is completely unrelated to being 6. I'm hardly saying all sixes will be this way. Only that him being this way may be related to him being a six. The enneagram focuses in on how we react to things. That's the whole point of the enneagram.

I can kinda relate. If I had this built up understanding and one thing broke it up, I would definitely be irritated, and probably end up thinking about it a lot to try and make sense of it.

I wasn't saying that 6s are stereotypically psychotic. Only that unhealthy 6s may seem psychotic. The reason why I said 6, 8, 1, and 7 is because of the way they are said to act at unhealthy levels. Chances are you won't see a psychotic break in a 5 or 9 and a psychotic break in the heart triad will probably be brushed off as someone who is just trying to get attention.

I'm talking really unhealthy levels here, or at least a moment when someone is really stressed and willing to open up and release it.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 10-09-2009 at 03:35 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8