Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
8w9
Healthy Eights with a 9 wing often have an aura of preternatural calm, like they haven't had a self-doubt in decades. Take their authority for granted - queen or king of all they survey. May be gentle, kind-hearted, quieter. Often nurturing, protective parents; steady, supportive friends. Informal and unpretentious, patient, laconic, generally somewhat introverted. Sometimes a dry or ironic sense of humor. May have an aura of implicit, simmering anger rather like a sleeping volcano. Slow to erupt but when they do it's sudden and explosive. When entranced, the 9 wing brings an Eight a kind of callous numbness. They can be oblivious to the force of their anger until after they've hurt someone. Calmly dominating, colder; may have an indifference to softer emotions. If very unhealthy, they can be mean without remorse or aggressive in the service of stupid ends. Paranoid plotting, muddled thinking, moral laziness. Can be vengeful in ill-conceived ways, abuse those they love, don't know when to quit.

9w8
Awakened Nines with an 8 wing have a modest, steady, receptive core. They are charged by the dynamism of 8 - when focused on goals they often have great force of will. Get things done, make good leaders. May have an animal magnetism of which they are only partly aware. Can seem highly centered, take what they do seriously but remain unimpressed with themselves. 8 wing can bring a strong internal sense of direction. Relatively fearless and highly intuitive. Generally not intellectual unless they have it in their background. When more entranced, they manifest the contradictions of the two styles expressing them in sequence. Could be passively amiable like a Nine and then turn horribly blunt like an 8. One moment they are opinionated or nasty, next moment kindly and supportive. Often don't hear their voices when angry. Can have a sharp, grating edge. May be slow to anger and then explode. Or angry but don't know it; may confuse being assertive with being rude. Placidly callous - both styles support numbness. Tactless and indiscriminate and indiscreet. May be unwittingly disloyal, spilling everyone's secrets. Sexual confusion, sometimes they are driven by lust.

from The Enneagram Blogspot
hmmmm good description.... where are people likely to see 8w9 and 9w8 in society and how do they act day to day... these descriptions paint the potrait of 8w9 and 9w8 at their peaks and at their low points, but what about day to day experience?

and.. wtf is entranced?

I'm a 9w8(i show a lot of 1 wing tendencies too when I lose my confidence, there are a lot of cases of 9's having both wings, but as a kid i had a lot more of an 8 wing in me) and my older brother is a 8w9. We didn't have a dad around so he assumed a lot of those responsibilities. Growing up he'd always help with keeping me energized, on the go, and focused on my goals(something 9's desparately need!). He is an extremely hard worker, which I'm thankful rubbed off on me. There were times he'd want to be left alone and would withdraw(his 9 wing to blame I think lol), but typically he'd seek out my company(my magnetism??). He was quite confrontational when we were kids, and sometimes our fights would last a while cause it would take so long to get a rise out of me.. But once he got me going past my initial withdrawal or harsh responses, what seemed to solve the problem would be to just let him know how he was making me feel, and he'd apologize shortly after. Both types can have issues with anger, 8's tend to explode while 9's will tend to implode. There was a lot of balance between the two of us on our good days. Even though I'm 5 years younger I tended to be the voice of reason between the two of us. My desire to find a solution and get back to peace and harmony drove me to help him see the other side of a situation. He would always compliment me on my "natural talents" and creativity, I'd compliment him on his perseverance and confidence. It can be hard to tell the difference between the two in a social setting(or in day-to-day situations, this could also be due to the fact 9's tend to lack a clear sense of self, so as his little brother I'm sure the way I approached a lot of situations socially were influenced by him). There's a blend of confidence and steadiness in both of their energies. But in the face of trial, the dynamics that are needed from each type tend to come out and these two types can make a great team!

I love what was said a few posts above, "9w8 is a chill bad ass, while an 8w9 is a bad ass that happens to be chill." lol pretty damn accurate I'd say.

I'm an ISFP, not sure what my brother's MBTI type is.
(random^ but thought I'd throw that in there lol)

And I'm not sure if this got mentioned, but entranced is just when you're acting out of your personality and you're not aware of it. Sometimes learning about our personality type can make us feel like we're being put in a box(one of my initial reactions to learning about the enneagram). But I have to remember I HAVE a personality, that doesn't mean i AM a personality. Cheers!