Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the main difference between Te and Ti is that Te wants to make sense of things while Ti wants to make sure what is being said makes sense.

A better illustration of this:
    In a conversation Te strives to understand what is being said and will make any association it sees as logical while missing consistency.
    Ti also tries to understand what is being said in a conversation but it is constantly checking and then rejecting or accepting bits and pieces of what is said to make sure of consistency.

This is why Te is compatible with Fi because Fi gives information based on how one feels about something. Te assimilates all the information while Ti would reject parts as illogical. Ti types might have a tendency to tell people that they shouldn't feel a certain way because it doesn't make sense. Te types may also tell someone they shouldn't feel a certain way, but they will likely give a reason for it rather than calling it illogical.

Fi: I hate Joe! (ethical conclusion)
    Ti: Joe never did anything to deserve that... (doesn't see the logical connection and so conclusion is rejected. Fi type would get annoyed because their feeling is dismissed)
    Te: Why? Joe just wanted to help.. (Wants to make associations and explains action. Fi type either sees that their conclusion was unnecessary or goes into further explanation.)
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 08-16-2009 at 06:35 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti wants to make sense of things and make sure what is being said makes sense. What Te wants is to do something practical about what is being said.

For example:

Fi: I hate Joe!
    Ti: Why? Joe did nothing to you. Your statement is illogical. Please explain.
    Te: Well, what do you want to do about it? You could avoid him, or talk to him about it, or... [etc.]

Te is external dynamics of objects. It's all about action and achieving the results you want. Ti is external statics of fields. It's all about stopping the action to sit down and analyze the logical connections between things.

Fe vs. Fi is similar. Fe is internal dynamics of objects, so it's all about taking emotional action and acheiving the inward results that you want. Fi is internal statics of fields. It's all about stopping the emotional thunderstorms to sit down and determine the ethical and feeling-based connections between things.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Ti wants to make sense of things and make sure what is being said makes sense. What Te wants is to do something practical about what is being said.

For example:

Fi: I hate Joe!
    Ti: Why? Joe did nothing to you. Your statement is illogical. Please explain.
    Te: Well, what do you want to do about it? You could avoid him, or talk to him about it, or... [etc.]

Te is external dynamics of objects. It's all about action and achieving the results you want. Ti is external statics of fields. It's all about stopping the action to sit down and analyze the logical connections between things.

Fe vs. Fi is similar. Fe is internal dynamics of objects, so it's all about taking emotional action and acheiving the inward results that you want. Fi is internal statics of fields. It's all about stopping the emotional thunderstorms to sit down and determine the ethical and feeling-based connections between things.
    Sadface
    Easy Day

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Sadface
    Fe: Joe Joe bo Boe banana fana fo Foe mi my mo Moe I hate you with the fire of a thousand burning suns exploding into supernovae simultaneously so their heat radiation overlaps and turns into some kind of superclusterfuckinova Joe!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmmm to me, octopuslove is on to something.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often