Threaded View

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs-INFps and Overanalyzing

The most annoying thing in the world. I never realized that everything I say can and most likely will be interpreted within a framework of supposedly universal rules for social/emotional/behavioral interactions. And the worst part, is that when I'm friends with one they're not afraid to say it out loud. I don't like someone nodding their head, saying “ah huh,” or “interesting,” as I talk to them. It makes me feel like I'm talking to a psychiatrist and they're taking notes on everything I say.

Well now, I don't like feeling observed, monitored, or calculated within a system. I really, really hate someone telling me what I'm doing, feeling, or how I'm reacting to something, especially when they're drawing conclusions on things they can't possibly know.

It's like there's no way to win with you people. Jesus Christ. I can't respond to you, because you just keep doing it. I can't clarify things with you, because every time I think you've understood you just do it over again. I can't ignore you completely, because then I get accused of being indirect, avoidant, evasive. I can't just reject your claims, because then I'm told that I'm too “blind to spot [my] own ‘patterns’” or whatever. I can't just live and breathe around you people. God, everything I do has to mean something. I can't just not return a phone call because I don't feel like it? No, apparently it means A) that I have something to hide or B) that we're becoming distant or C) that I'm bothered by something. Nope. Wrong. I just don't like getting back to people right away. Stop trying to get a reaction out of me. It makes me want to cut you off completely. Is that too hard to understand?? Apparently.

So, can any of you tell my why you do this? Or how it makes you feel when someone isn't receptive to it or whatever?

A typical interaction:
    IEI: Makes claim.
    Me: (getting pissed off) Rejects it.
    IEI. “Case in point.”
    Me: (confused and very annoyed) “Uh, what the fuck? No, it's not like that.”
    IEI: “You're being obvious. Accept it.” Blah blah they know everything and see right through me blah blah.
    Me: (feeling emotionally drained and angered at this point) Cuts off communication temporarily.
    IEI: Throws a fit.

Really though, I think that you people think too much. Stop it. Or at least keep your thoughts to yourself. I don't want to know what goes on inside your head. It makes me feel invaded and misinterpreted. The only way to “get me” is to stop analyzing me and start living alongside me. You can't just apply someone to a standard framework or whatever. It doesn't work. I don't know, maybe you guys see something that I don't, but whatever it is, just know that it doesn't apply to everyone you meet. And know that it really hurts people sometimes to be torn apart reaction by reaction as if every little movement correlates to some greater scheme that we can't understand.

P.S. Don't take this thread offensively. I'm just ranting from experience.
    Last edited by Lotus; 07-16-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows