TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Video examples of people valuing Se and Si

Se/Si and Not Se/Si

Person A is a clear example of an ego individual who exudes natural and easy control of his immediate environment. Most likly IJ temperment.

Person B is a clear example of a non ego who attempts to appear to be in control of his immediate environment through strict manner of speech and posturing. Most likely EJ temperment.

Person C is a clear example of an ego individual who is seamlessly immersed and harmonized with his surrounding environment. Most likely IP temperment.

Person D is a clear example of non ego who does not easily or naturally immerse/harmonize with his surrounding environment. Most Likely EP temperment.

*Added Bonus* - watch Ezra confuse + complementing an EJ dual with + complementing an /EP dual.

Get the picture?
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 08-07-2010 at 07:06 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra is SLE, DeAnte, he's just the Ti subtype.

Compare his mannerisms with the man who ruined Van Halen, Sammy Hagar. Also an SLE of the Ti subtype. (The Ti-SLE comes off quite a bit differently than the Se subtype... The latter can often be found drunk in parking lots outside of New Jersey clubs on Saturday nights, with lots of gel in hair.)

Sammy Hagar has the blond hair... clearly can't be fucked with gel.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Ezra is SLE, DeAnte, he's just the Ti subtype.

Compare his mannerisms with the man who ruined Van Halen, Sammy Hagar. Also an SLE of the Ti subtype. (The Ti-SLE comes off quite a bit differently than the Se subtype...
    I was well aware that someone would attempt to use this line of reasoning to defend Ezra, assuming he had not yet claimed this himself, and I disagree. Yes, Ti-subs present themselves differently than Se-subs, but there is still a fluidy and naturality in Hagar's appearence that is distinctly different from Ezra's IMO. Ezra's body language is far more strict and forced to me.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see any posturing on Ezra's part and I have never understood this view at all.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't see any posturing on Ezra's part and I have never understood this view at all.
    I've never understood the view that you don't see posturing. Regardless of subtype, can still be observed in -egos. Ezra has none.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would Ezra want to "deceive" everyone he's SLE if he's actually LSE? (This isn't a general question about why someone would want to pretend to be something else... but why Ezra in particular?) I don't really see him as someone seeking to pull the wool over people's eyes.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would Ezra want to "deceive" everyone he's SLE if he's actually LSE? (This isn't a general question about why someone would want to pretend to be something else... but why Ezra in particular?) I don't really see him as someone seeking to pull the wool over people's eyes.
    I believe his current mistyping stems from ignorance rather than conscious manipulation.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I believe his current mistyping stems from ignorance rather than conscious manipulation.
    Okay...

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte
    You have been pwn'd by Ezra's blatant deception
    and you did say that he "attempts to appear to be in control of his immediate environment through strict manner of speech and posturing."

Maybe it was meant sort of lightly/humorously...

Anyway, I really think Ezra is SLE. If not, then SEE or EIE.

Creepy-male

More importantly, if Ezra isn't SLE, then that's one less argument you people have for ILE! Ha ha ha!

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it was meant sort of lightly/humorously...

Anyway, I really think Ezra is SLE. If not, then SEE or EIE.
    Partially, yes. It was intended lightly. But I think Ezra's inclination for "macho" posturing is apart of what is perhaps a sincere confusion about him being an -ego.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Often I find myself avoiding certain Beta groups, especially those in which I have no real status.
    This an atypical comment for an -ego IMO. -egos are more likely to be unconcerned with whether not they've 'earned' status in unfamiliar territory and are confident in their ability to 'carve' their own section into an existing social hierarchy or ignore it all together. The fact that Ezra prefers clearly defined roles and ranks before entering "certain Beta groups" indicates LSE>SLE.

Also read his theory I linked to about "Ni-Se Base Duality." Even the manner in which he describes his ill-informed interpretation of socionics has that typical "bottom-up"/ approach containing just his perception of dry concrete facts () and a presice lack of observable concern for . He's primarily interested in having someone offer alternative methods of ruling over others (/creative--seeking) and the lack of observable concern for .

Compare Ezra's amateur article writing style to that of Steve or Archon and the + (Steve, Archon) vs + (Ezra) differences will only further crystallize. Regardless of how stereotypically "Beta" Ezra may appear, he simply does not process information through +.
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 04-17-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Partially, yes. It was intended lightly. But I think Ezra's inclination for "macho" posturing is apart of what is perhaps a sincere confusion about him being an -ego.
    Yes, okay, except I don't even see him as "macho" lol. Anyway since I don't really have a useful argument I'll stop.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's one of my favorite people on the forum. Him and Bionicgoat. They are the only two people whose posts I always read because they're so funny and clever.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1.

Anyway, whatever type Ezra is, I'm his dual.

P.S. I haven't been able to watch the videos in their entirety since I'm at work, but hopefully I'll have something more useful to add later.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So everyone likes Ezra. That's what we're left with. Which is funny, because when he first came to the forum, at least most people didn't like him. Or didn't seem to.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-male

I am indifferent to Ezra.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should have a poll. Though we'd need to know who likes him, who doesn't, and who is indifferent, not just how many people.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-Cyclops

lol, he's the cheeky chap who gets away with things.

Heh, I don't think he's serious enough to be an ESTj.

Creepy-Diana

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    We should have a poll. Though we'd need to know who likes him, who doesn't, and who is indifferent, not just how many people.
    What difference would that make?

In case I haven't made this clear, I think Ezra is incontrovertibly LSE-Te.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Heh, I don't think he's serious enough to be an ESTj.
    And yet another completely useless and uninformed opinion by Cyclops, mozel toff!

I would also like to add that Ezra's only confirmed RL friends we've observed on the board are also Ne/Si quadra ppl. Mr. Saturn (I saw you looking in this thread, lol) aka Leon Frey, is blatantly ILE-Ti (not EIE) and that girl they did a video with is most likely some Alpha SF as well. ESE>SEI.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ezra just acts like most people of his age from northern UK. At first, I thought it was posturing, since I didn't know anybody of his age, from that place. But now, I suppose it's just a part of being an anglo-saxon (maybe Cyclops can confirm, or negate this supposition).

He slightly reminds me of FDG in that.
    Well, yes, I agree, but my opinions are so much better than his, to be completely honest
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I think Ezra just acts like most people of his age from northern UK. At first, I thought it was posturing, since I didn't know anybody of his age, from that place. But now, I suppose it's just a part of being an anglo-saxon (maybe Cyclops can confirm, or negate this supposition).
    Well yeah, he's just what's really known as a typical jack the lad. A 'Geezer' lol. Harmless fun really imo. It's definately a cultural thing and he isn't doing anything most people wouldn't do in his locality, esp a sensor. I was a bit like that myself at one point and known plenty folk like it. Booze, women, exercising, drinking too much on holiday. Good fun.

Quite different from Italy or other places in Europe. Different to the states as well I think.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Well yeah, he's just what's really known as a typical jack the lad. A 'Geezer' lol. Harmless fun really imo. It's definately a cultural thing and he isn't doing anything most people wouldn't do in his locality, esp a sensor. I was a bit like that myself at one point and known plenty folk like it. Booze, women, exercising, drinking too much on holiday. Good fun.

Quite different from Italy or other places in Europe. Different to the states as well I think.
    My husband was like that in his youth, and he isn't British. Or American or European for that matter. Don't kids that age think about sex a lot and drink too much everywhere?
    -Mark Twain

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For purposes of throrough comparisons, compare Ezra's demeanor to (LSE-Te) Kevin Connolly's nervous, EJ temperment. They even VI similarly.

If anyone can find a video of any SLE-Ti who's natural energy resembles Ezra's as much as Connelly, then I will concede that Ezra is indeed SLE-Ti.

Somehow, I find such a scenerio highly unlikely, but I remain open to the possibility.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband was like that in his youth, and he isn't British. Or American or European for that matter. Don't kids that age think about sex a lot and drink too much everywhere?
    But I think the way they do it is very different from the way we do it in Italy, for example (or in Brazil, or in Spain). Like, they way they approach the whole situation. It's something hard to explain in words. First of all, we don't drink so much. Secondly, there is no real sense of "group camaraderie", more like, random people getting toghether. Third, you don't really get wasted at clubs, you go there for dancing the whole night.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Cyclops

Yeah I think so. From what i've gathered it's a different sort of culture and way of doing it than the States..although more similar to the States than Europe. I haven't been to America, so I can only go on what i've been told by people who have went there and talking to Americans I've known.

To give you an example of what a typical city can be like here in lots of places here on a weekend night: The streets full of people out their face on drinking about 20 pints of lager, fights breaking out at the taxi rank and in other places. Girls with hardly any clothes on in big groups totally out their face on alcohol and whatever else they've had, staggering about everywhere. People shouting and screaming running across the roads and stuff. lol, maybe this is just Glasgow, but it's not uncommon in Northern cities of England either. English people are by far the loudest when they go on holiday.

I don't know if it's like that in America, from what i've heard that sort of stuff isn't regarded as the norm, but it happens here as more so the norm with people in Ezra's sort of age bracket. Thing is, if you're there sober it seems mental, but when i'm drunk as well it all seems normal.

I really create a good impression of this country. I think there is a lot of boistrous stuff like that here, whereas on the continent in Europe, at least from what i've seen, most people would be embarrassed to be out and seen like that.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't sound very different from here, unless things have changed since I went to college. My university was named the #2 biggest party school when I went there, though. (Florida State was #1 if I remember correctly.)
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For purposes of throrough comparisons, compare Ezra's demeanor to (LSE-Te) Kevin Connolly's nervous, EJ temperment. They even VI similarly.

If anyone can find a video of any SLE-Ti who's natural energy resembles Ezra's as much as Connelly, then I will concede that Ezra is indeed SLE-Ti.

Somehow, I find such a scenerio highly unlikely, but I remain open to the possibility.
    That's an excellent observation. No SLE has the kind of mobility and active nervousness I see in Ezra.

Charles Barkley is Ti SLE

Compare:

You're right about LSEs and that nervous EJ temperament. It's much more active. Someone like Barkley seems planted and "at rest" internally. Ezra on the contrary seems on the go and always "moving" - dynamic.

Here's another Ti SLE:

The same contrast applies.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you're noticing in Ezra, Steve, isn't Ej temperament, IMO... It's non-socionics factors, i.e. being comfortable in his own skin... Give Ezra a year or two... Charles Barkley and Sammy Hagar are in their 50s and 60s... David Wright is a multi-millionaire ball player, (who, by the way, does remind me of Ezra.)

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I like him. He unapologetically dives straight into the middle of things, and then sorts it out as he goes along. He's not afraid to say what he thinks, or to learn from others, and I like that openness. Open both with giving his own thoughts, and open to input.

I would also like to add that Ezra's only confirmed RL friends we've observed on the board are also Ne/Si quadra ppl. Mr. Saturn (I saw you looking in this thread, lol) aka Leon Frey, is blatantly ILE-Ti (not EIE) and that girl they did a video with is most likely some Alpha SF as well. ESE>SEI.

Dang, you've put a lot of time and thought into this, haven't you. I'm pretty sure you've done enough work to use this as your thesis topic if you ever go for a PhD.
    What you're noticing in Ezra, Steve, isn't Ej temperament, IMO... It's non-socionics factors, i.e. being comfortable in his own skin... Give Ezra a year or two... Charles Barkley and Sammy Hagar are in their 50s and 60s... David Wright is a multi-millionaire ball player, (who, by the way, does remind me of Ezra.)
    That's what I was thinking too.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2 threads about the exact same thing is confusing...

Anyway.....it's funny that you guys are equating Ej temperament with mobility and active nervousness, when I clearly remember ENFps describing themselves that way back when I used to think I was one. Then, everyone was like "yeah that's an Ep temperament thing."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    The 2 threads about the exact same thing is confusing...

Anyway.....it's funny that you guys are equating Ej temperament with mobility and active nervousness, when I clearly remember ENFps describing themselves that way back when I used to think I was one. Then, everyone was like "yeah that's an Ep temperament thing."
    Well, we have periods of that - with an emphasis on "nervousness" a bit more than "active", and periods of doing nothing. Ejs are pretty generally like that rather than just being like that in spurts.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you're noticing in Ezra, Steve, isn't Ej temperament, IMO... It's non-socionics factors, i.e. being comfortable in his own skin...
    Yeah, this, pretty much.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its funny because all the women who think they're Se/Ni, but have had their type questioned in favor of Delta are coming either to the defense of Ezra or giving good will towards him. Just something I'm noticing

Ezra and Tom act the same. They are probably the same type if not the same subtype.

I'm banking on ESTj.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Its funny because all the women who think they're Se/Ni, but have had their type questioned in favor of Delta are coming either to the defense of Ezra or giving good will towards him. Just something I'm noticing

Ezra and Tom act the same. They are probably the same type if not the same subtype.

I'm banking on ESTj.
    Oh no, it's you. There are other explanations you know! Sirena was here when DeAnte made his impact (I put it that way to imply he's Se-valuing, and provide an opening for assault!). Diana has been on a roll lately? Actually something weird is going on. Anyway, and naturally unefille who coincidentally visited the forum might be curious about a potential dual (DeAnte)? I mean there are explanations other than "they're actually all Deltas in disguise!" I know you know that, I mean you wouldn't have said "just something I'm noticing" otherwise. But anyway! I'm being weird. Tell me to fuck off!

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck off!

lol jk.

No you're right. Its my opinion, and was not meant to be substantial evidence in my favor, just personal satifaction.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF? Are you trying to subtly discredit those who think Ezra is beta by suggesting they are just a group of deluded girls? Did you really just not notice that FDG and JuJu (and Cyclops, who I am guessing is male, but am not sure) are also posting in this thread, with JuJu providing some of the strongest argument that Ezra is SLE? And WTF does gender have to do with it anyway? Generally the female consensus is that yes, Ezra really is the hottest thing to grace this forum, what with his photoshopped eyes that brings all the girls to the yard. You don't have to be a particular type to find an attractive guy hot. Seriously, ad hominem attacks on the commentators isn't cool.

ETA: wrote my reply before seeing Archon's post above, would probably not have posted it if I'd seen that.
    allez cuisine!

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no idolatrie you missed it.

It had nothing to do with you being women lmao. It was because the ones I'm concerned about happen to be women, and I did not want to think I was questioning Loki's type because I was not.

Totally not about women at all nor about their attraction to Ezra lol
    The end is nigh

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If only there was some way of testing this hypothesis.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are photos of my Ti-SLE friend ... Compare with Ezra... I'm guessing that some of you haven't seen this VI variation on Ti-SLE before. Henceforth, let's call it "the Ezra."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast