Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EIIs/INFjs making snarky comments and ridiculing

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    What do you mean by society oriented? As opposed to what? This all sounds very foreign and does not fit into any experiences I have had with these types.
    Well, there are for example Fi individuals who mostly hang out with animals and pets and maybe a few family members.

As for the rest, Fi types are very ... bad at observing things. I'm not that surprised.

Incidentally, this is why I don't like to talk about the downsides of real, actual Fi.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    Fi is the understanding, value and ability to handle relationships. You seem to have very little.
    This is actually one of my strongest points i would say. I thought that this was more the manifestation of creative / producing Fi. I figure that i actually understand and create ways to bring people closer to me. I think that INFj's/ISFj's also do this just in different ways. My ISFj mother sends out lots of greeting cards and phones those she loves which i dont. I think for them the feeling is more deep or something.

Please do talk about the negatives of Fi i dont mind.

I got about 2 hours sleep last night so i have no idea what im saying lol
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Please do talk about the negatives of Fi i dont mind.

I got about 2 hours sleep last night so i have no idea what im saying lol
    It's upsetting people that I value significantly. I feel I shouldn't.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. Everyone gets upset when you mention their downsides. It's what people do.
    IEE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there are for example Fi individuals who mostly hang out with animals and pets and maybe a few family members.

As for the rest, Fi types are very ... bad at observing things. I'm not that surprised.

Incidentally, this is why I don't like to talk about the downsides of real, actual Fi.
    Oh. I guess I would fit into that first group, except replace "animals and pets" with "nature and the great outdoors," haha. I'm honestly not very social and it doesn't bother me.

Bad at observing what kinds of things? Do you mean like big picture things, how everything relates, ties together, etc?

I don't care if you talk about the downsides of Fi. It's very hard to offend me, and I'm curious to hear what you have to say.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a hard time accepting that a negative quality is not being able to defend yourself from the negative behavior of other people, and that it automatically gets called a "weakness." If that's the case, and if we take to an extreme, does it mean that someone has a weakness if he/she isn't carrying a bat when someone just decides to whack them with one? I just do not see vulnerability as a negative aspect, but rather something that one should work on so that you become less vulnerable.

Seriously, do Fi people get screwed over in a way that only Fi people could? Idk, I just find this very hard to believe.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    I have a hard time accepting that a negative quality is not being able to defend yourself from the negative behavior of other people, and that it automatically gets called a "weakness."
    From a certain perspective, it's a weakness, namely, if you're around people that try to screw you over/gain power over you. Of course, then, it's a strenght if you're around people that like others not being able to easily ward off negative behavior of others.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, do Fi people get screwed over in a way that only Fi people could? Idk, I just find this very hard to believe.
    I think a "Fi-way" to get screwed over is when a person that has a relationship with an Fi-type with takes it for granted. For example, the person may treat their Fi friend not particularly well but the Fi individual continues to maintain relations. It sounds bad but I don't think it is.

I have had a lot of people ask me why I am friends with/like such and such.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    So why do they do it? This is only guys i have observed mind you but ive seen it in three of them. They can be snarky and will call you ugly and stuff like that. It actually annoys me greatly because i personally never ever ever pay out anyone. Yet they are supposedly stronger in than i am? Plus, they cannot take it in return. If you give them shit back they really take it to heart? I think part of the problem is my own strong Fi means that it annoys me when someone does this where other types might just see it as funny.

I personally see it as a sign of insecurity and unhealthiness but perhaps there is some other explanation?
    mmm it perhaps is more common from the Ne subtypes, actually. It's a big generalization, but, thinking about it from my experience, it is so.

That's also why I'm drawn to Fi subs more so, it seems.

Sometimes it's more unhealthy and more insecurity based (think about E6s), sometimes it's more playful. mm
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    From a certain perspective, it's a weakness, namely, if you're around people that try to screw you over/gain power over you. Of course, then, it's a strenght if you're around people that like others not being able to easily ward off negative behavior of others.
    I agree with the first part, because it's circumstantial. However, I don't agree with the second part, at least it just sounds like some sort of protector with victim relation. Well, there are people who probably like being around others who are "defenseless," but the point I was trying to make is that I disagree with the notion that when people aren't prepared for backstabbing, manipulation, and the like, that it's a negative aspect. Of course, it's definitely a potential vulnerability, but I don't see it as a negative aspect in their personality.

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    I think a "Fi-way" to get screwed over is when a person that has a relationship with an Fi-type with takes it for granted. For example, the person may treat their Fi friend not particularly well but the Fi individual continues to maintain relations. It sounds bad but I don't think it is.

I have had a lot of people ask me why I am friends with/like such and such.
    What I meant with that sentence is that I find it hard to believe, for example what you posted about the Fi person getting screwed over, that this only happens to Fi types or most of the time. If you don't have experience with a particular situation, like being stabbed in the back, "getting screwed over," being manipulated, then it doesn't matter what type you are, because you are susceptible to these things regardless. I agree that some lessons are harder to learn for some people than for others, but to say that "so and so" type is weak at this, end of story, to me is dumb. People are organic and they change with their environment in time.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's upsetting people that I value significantly. I feel I shouldn't.
    In the off chance that I'm a member of said people, I appreciate the thoughtfulness, but it isn't necessary to hold back about that on my account. As I said before, it can be helpful, even if unpleasant. Anyway, it's not the "this is a bad part of Fi", it's a combination of things that has bothered me.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's less about the act itself, more about how we react to it. For me, it's like I can't help but feel like I've been stabbed in the back massively, completely blindsided. Afterwards, I'm massively leery of any similar contact for ages. From a rational perspective, I understand that I'm over-reacting, but I just don't care. Which makes me feel worse, since I know I shouldn't be acting like this. So it's a rather painful double-whammy. Iono.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Very true and correct.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all that remember me, and those that dont know me

I have been awaken from my deep slumber by a notification about this thread being posted in. Hope everyone is well. It feels really strange being here. I never stopped using socionics, however these days i just enjoy typing people who jump out at me. I seem to have created sufficient prototypes now that i can tell peoples types around 30-35% of the time within a few moments of looking at them.

My knowledge of socionics probablly hasn't grown, but i do think ive changed some of my out moded ideas. My INFj old friend and i are still in contact, he is a lovely guy and i would hang out with him if i wasn't in another state. The INFj who this thread is about and i had a falling out. Perhaps that could have been predicted. Mostly, i just started ignoring him and became very cold. He tries to talk to me quite often, but ive created a wall between him and I. He may not even know why this has happened. I told him something he said really annoyed me and his reply was "i dont care". Its certianly not the most healthy way for me to handle it but hes just been severed. Its just that i enjoy being free of him, and dont want to talk because i know that we will reconcile. Some of Smilingeyes comments in hindsight were very astute i think. He is an Ne type with quite an ego. Cognitively, he is quicker than me and i do find it hard to keep up. I admit that some of the reason i dont enjoy his company may be because of this. He may well be smarter than me. That being said, he is incredibly immature and his intelligence has gaps as deep as the Marianas Trench. He thinks very fast and has great general knowledge, but is lacking the introspection and wisdom about why his life is often crappy. Unfortunately, my health hasn't been very good these past few years and it fatigues me and holds me back.

Anyway i seem to have been very personal in this post, probablly to a whole heap of deltas that dont even know me! haha. I dont think im going to come back to the forum. This forum is dangerous, its more addictive than crack. Socionics is imbedded in my psyche though, it will never leave. Im going to be back here in time, when im ready no doubt. If anyone wants to chat about anything though you are welcome to PM. :redface:
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey meatburger, I remember you! It's true, once you leave, you don't necessarily stop using Socionics, but your perspective completely changes. I know after a while I'm going to end up leaving too since it looks like things are going in circles here again, but you should check things out to see if there are any new topics that are interesting

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would never make fun of another person, in a forever of my existance, as long as I have my soul.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck mexicans. I hatem...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    fuck mexicans. I hatem...
    Not nice!
    They are wonderful and have wonderful tasty food.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been awaken from my deep slumber by a notification about this thread being posted in. Hope everyone is well.

OMG that was SO funny!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! Just the other day someone was saying how they missed you, and I quite agreed. Not that I'm trying to pressure you back here, just giving some appreciation.

It would be interesting to do a study 50 years from now and ask all of this forum's members from this time if and how much they think about socionics.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi mr. burger. I've heard many things about you.

~

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I remember you Meatburger. Welcome back!

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed more people than usual returning to the forum after being gone for awhile lately?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    ime, yes, INFj can make fun of people. i believe i've only noticed this first hand when Fe (say ESFj) are around. on a couple occasions even noticed it when ESTj was around, which i thought was kinda strange... i wonder if they feel slightly peer-pressured into this, having to play it cool for ESF(T)j's sake. i'm not sure i've seen it when one-on-one, but my INFj network is not that wide to begin with. anyway, my 2 cents based on my experience only.
    What do we mean by making fun anyway? i use sarcasm; is that making fun?

How about "God, talking to you is like talking to a nail in the wall." Is that making fun?
    -

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Minde, Warrior & all its great to hear from you guys again. Have you guys learnt a lot about socionics since ive been gone, or has your knowledge been stagnating?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Minde, Warrior & all its great to hear from you guys again. Have you guys learnt a lot about socionics since ive been gone, or has your knowledge been stagnating?
    I think one thing that I have advanced or improved in is that I'm more relaxed about it. People having wildly different interpretations and systems doesn't bother me as much, because I figure if it's working for them it's alright.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I think one thing that I have advanced or improved in is that I'm more relaxed about it. People having wildly different interpretations and systems doesn't bother me as much, because I figure if it's working for them it's alright.
    Yeah, I suppose I'm that way too. I don't expend as much effort trying to proclaim or defend certain ideas - if people seriously want to discuss things, that tends to happen on its own, and not in the middle of the forum. But the forum is good for discussing applications, and, sometimes, for nuggets of wisdom.

But there are plenty of negatives, as well.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've begun to think that they are capable of this too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12