Thread: Re-type Me

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by thePirate; 03-05-2009 at 04:40 AM.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you want to be something else, I guess you can be ENFj.

That's what I always thought you were anyway... not that I've made any real effort to determine your type.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, how do you feel about being a beta for a while? I hear they're fun to test drive.

Creepy-male

I've ruled out ever wanting to be boring a Beta or a Gamma.

My reserve typing is still ESE.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya guys can ask questions, yannoe

In fact, Id prefer it. I dont know if who I am here accurately displays my IRL persona.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Ya guys can ask questions, yannoe

In fact, Id prefer it. I dont know if who I am here accurately displays my IRL persona.
    I concur.

Brill, care contributing your epic Socionics expertise? Is this an Emotivist thing to get locked in to certain mindframes associated with certain places/activities?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    I concur.

Brill, care contributing your epic Socionics expertise? Is this an Emotivist thing to get locked in to certain mindframes associated with certain places/activities?
    I think you're jumping to conclusions - he hasn't shown that he does that to any significant degree. If he really got stuck in a certain behavior every time he came here, I'd tend to associate that more with Constructivist... I'd consider the behavior more related to the mood than to any "task at hand."

Let's try Static/Dyamic. Which do you relate to, thePirate?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Static

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Static
    OK... do you have any reason to suspect you're neither ENFj nor ENFp? As I recall, those were the only types given much attention when you first came here.

If you're static, then your aren't ENFj.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea.

I lie to myself alot. Constantly in denial about all sorts of things, I can't even detect my own bullshit anymore. I was made aware of this emotional numbing recently & figured it could have screwed with my original results.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea.

I lie to myself alot. Constantly in denial about all sorts of things, I can't even detect my own bullshit anymore. I was made aware of this emotional numbing recently & figured it could have screwed with my original results.
    Hmm... and would it screw with the results any less this time around?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

Brill, I anticipate that a lot of what thePirate says is going to be relevant to me. Sorry if it sounds like my questions = jumping to conclusions.

Is #10 attributable at all to weak logic? I know I've had to learn to just trust that whatever's going on in my head is as close to The Truth as I can get it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brill, I anticipate that a lot of what thePirate says is going to be relevant to me. Sorry if it sounds like my questions = jumping to conclusions.
    OK, you're asking questions for yourself - I'll keep that in mind.

Is #10 attributable at all to weak logic? I know I've had to learn to just trust that whatever's going on in my head is as close to The Truth as I can get it.
    I don't know. I suspect it's related either to Extraversion (focusing on the outside world and neglecting to understand yourself) or Irrationality (having difficulty balancing the logical and emotional aspects of life), but I can't be sure.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, being aware of it helps.

With a little focus & concentration, I feel confident in getting to the truth.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who are you?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    hmm... why? isn't Ne static and Fe dynamic? :|

thePirate: what's the meaning of life, in your words? do you think we have a reason to exist? which? and what made you think that?
    There is no inherent reason to exist besides being the result of biological proccesses.There is no meaning to life. No universal meaning, anyway.

Life means what you, personally, make it mean.

The fault is in the question, its too ambiguous. Since a collective answer can not be reached, one would assume there is no answer(as Im aware the response I have provided isnt neccessarily an answer to the question).

btw, I have thought about this a lot =)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    hmm... why? isn't Ne static and Fe dynamic? :|
    Is ENFj Ne?

@thePirate: I've grown to love the obstinate/compliant dichotomy. Let's see if it sheds any light on the matter.

Obstinate: Preference for strong emotions, detailed logic
    Compliant: Preference for strong logic, detailed emotions

I'm aware "strong logic" is an odd term; it's useful for i.e. managing a large enterprise (where the details don't make much difference).

EDIT: That is, of course, a Brillism. Here are more classical descriptions of several dichotomies:

Carefree/Farsighted
    Obstinate/Compliant
    Tactical/Strategic
    Constructivist/Emotivist
    Last edited by Brilliand; 03-31-2009 at 01:34 AM.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't just ask someone, "Are you static or dynamic?" Static/Dynamic is way too vague/abstract a dichotomy to be consciously aware of in one's self, and if you are...sorry, you're bullshitting yourself.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pirate, you are the most blatant ESFp on this forum.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Yeah, I've come to agree with this lately. I mean, there are definitely things that make me think that I have a static (in the context of Socionics) thought process, but who am I kidding? I only have one mind, and I've had it all my life. I can't comprehend what it is like to have any other one. I can't experience first-hand what it is like to be dynamic, so why humor myself? I don't think it is necessary to experience everything first-hand to identify it, but in this case one should be wary. It's a dichotomy of something so abstract that even a simple shift in mood or perspective could throw off your understanding and relation to it.
    Well put.

But the truth is, the actual meaning of static and dynamic is way too vague for me to project my experiences onto.
    Right, I agree. The fact that it is one abstract quality of the functions, which themselves, as the most specific manifestations of information metabolism, are incredibly abstract and more than difficult enough to actually attribute things to, makes it essentially useless in terms of trying to "observe" a quality in someone.

It's like looking at a covered dish that could contain either steak or lobster and asking "Is it seafood?" before you know what is actually on the plate; you're going to identify it as a lobster from its specific physical qualities, and automatically deduce that it's seafood because, well, we know lobsters live in the sea. But no matter what you are going to know that its a lobster before you know that it's sea food. Make sense?

However, I do feel that it is observable in other people. You can really see it in others (imo), but trying to write up a conceptual definition for it is entirely meaningless. Attaching words to it is the beginning of a steady decline to generalizations and hollow attributions. Blah.
    Well, having definitions is important because it provides the framework by which we can structure and categorize impressions; having some vague idea of what "static" means, and then trying to correlate traits in ourselves to being "static" is essentially meaningless unless there is some set definition of what it means to "be static."

However I think that these abstract definitions are almost universally useless in applying the theory; they can help give you a general idea of what to look for, but you can't take a checklist and observe someone and say "Ok, static, check...object relations, check..."
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    You can't just ask someone, "Are you static or dynamic?" Static/Dynamic is way too vague/abstract a dichotomy to be consciously aware of in one's self, and if you are...sorry, you're bullshitting yourself.
    Thank you. These dichotomies suck for typing IMO, particularly for self-typing.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obstinate/Compliant - I can relate to both

As for the SEE typing, I've considered that a possibility, but I wouldn't consider myself a sensor over intuitive.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump