I had been good friends with this male SEI for two years when he told me (a few months ago) that his wife's insecurities and wild imagination wouldn't allow her to be okay with our friendship and that he can't be friends anymore. Fine so we didn't see each other all summer. No contact. Then this fall we're running into each other at church again and surprise, he's friendly. Sometimes. Every other time I see him, he waits for me and talks to me. But the time directly after that, he completely ignores me, acts like I'm not even there.

I know that SEIs can be hot and cold but I'm really not sure I feel like dealing with this. I'm not saying he always has to be super friendly but I feel like I deserve some consistency here. I guess my gut is saying to let it roll off my back and let him deal with it. After all, he's an ethical type and he's aware of what he's doing. There is a part of me, however, that feels like I'm not being treated fairly. He ends it, then he's friendly, then he ignores me, then he's friendly again, then he ignores me again, then he's friendly again.

My guess is that the reason the ENTp is perfect for the ISFp is because they're distracted with their projects and can't be bothered to waste time thinking about this sort of thing! Am I right? The ILE leaves the decisions about the relationship up to the SEI and when the SEI is ready, the ILE is still there, doing their thing. This duality pair is making more sense to me now. lol

Feel free to comment as you like. I know we've talked about hot-cold SEIs in the past. Just wanted to share my experience here.