Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Ti is more important than Te: organization vs chaos

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Maybe so, but I think the essence of Te is still about causal processes. gamma NT's may be more conceptual about it, and use it more within "time" (back-and-forth in processes), whereas delta ST's would be more concerned with a sort of present-based, observational understanding (absorbing in the details more....TeSi = death zomggg), but yeah....Te is awesome, I fucking love my polr
    How can you have a "present-based, observational understanding" of causal processes? I genuinely want to know.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    How can you have a "present-based, observational understanding" of causal processes? I genuinely want to know.
    That is one way of referring to Si, which is the external dynamics of fields.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My perspective. Some of you may disagree.

I think the thing that stands out about Ti is organisation. This is lacking in Te types. There's no rigidity; no consistency or principle nature in those weak in Ti, and they couldn't care less, because they have their Fi system instead. Personally, I think this is useless when standing it up against Ti. So, why is Ti so important to me? Because I am far more concerned with organising what I think about something - anything - in the world than I am with throwing (or receiving) a myriad of facts or a shitheap of information at someone's (or my) brain and having the desire for them to digest it. Being able to know exactly what I think about a certain thing when it is brought into question, and being able to precisely relay this to an individual, is very important to me. It's an internal chemistry I'm talking about; it's about my organising what I think about something internally so that I can use it in the external world through my Se. To exchange my Se with Te would be a death wish; I am who I am because I know exactly how to utilise my strengths and put on the backbench my less useful strengths (Te and Si). It's not that I think Te is utterly pointless or useless (indeed, it has its uses, which is why I do use it from time to time); it's that Se is far more useful and, what's more, when it's combined with Ti, it's unbeatable.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra wants to see the moral breakdown of the world.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Haha. Maybe. But I am pretty good at focusing on things that I am interested in. My mind does tend to wander off in different directions a lot though. But for some reason when things are explained in a Ti way, I have a hard time grasping them, although I've noticed it's not quite so bad coming from Ti creatives, especially ENTps since they put the Ne spin on it. With Ti dominants though, I find myself stopping after the first couple of sentences. I have to actually force myself to read through it if there is important information that I want to extract from what is being said...but it takes effort and it is not enjoyable. I can spot a Ti post right away, without even knowing the person's type at first. Anyway, I'd been noticing this lately, so I thought I would mention it.
    I think i feel that way with a Te post. But, I think I'm getting much better at it (reading things without looking for a point).

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    You started it. Hey, you just ignored the second half of my response. What about that?!

yes, i think this was very interesting to watch. Logos asked the right questions. Cyclops provided an outsider's view. He deflected, and your values came into play. Very interesting and informative, as all interactions regarding a personality theory are.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Well, Te is gonna be about objective processes, regardless of what function it's paired with, but Si has that immersion in the details of something, whereas Ni more or less goes back and forth. I guess you could say TeSi is more methodical, in the conventional sense - picture a car rolling along at a consistent pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    That is one way of referring to Si, which is the external dynamics of fields.
    yea, basically.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Ezra wants to see the moral breakdown of the world.
    lulz 4 ti role

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lulz 4 ti role
    Lol at Se leading being misguided by Ti to the detriment of all.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Lol at Se leading being misguided by Ti to the detriment of all.
    lol @ err, Fi base because you care about things that aren't important?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123