Thread: ISFps do you initiate conversations over email?

Hybrid View

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Are you saying that you make your SEI friend initiate? Has it become like a pattern in your friendship? Okay. Well that's interesting.
    yup... for me, it's because of those times when I have initiated and she doesn't respond I go into a tailspin wondering why. If I'm in a "dark" mood when that happens... oh man... it's like getting flushed down a toilet.

I think part of this is that my perception and understanding of the world (my friendships and all of it) is so dependent by what I'm feeling at that moment. So if I'm depressed, it's like, of course my friends all hate me and don't want to talk to me... I just don't know exactly why. If I'm feeling good, it's the opposite and there's no need to reasure myself of it. SEIs can be self centered creatures in some ways.

Also I'm probably not very emotionally mature (after 35 years I'm trying though )

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    yup... for me, it's because of those times when I have initiated and she doesn't respond I go into a tailspin wondering why. If I'm in a "dark" mood when that happens... oh man... it's like getting flushed down a toilet.

I think part of this is that my perception and understanding of the world (my friendships and all of it) is so dependent by what I'm feeling at that moment. So if I'm depressed, it's like, of course my friends all hate me and don't want to talk to me... I just don't know exactly why. If I'm feeling good, it's the opposite and there's no need to reasure myself of it. SEIs can be self centered creatures in some ways.

Also I'm probably not very emotionally mature (after 35 years I'm trying though )
    Well I'm 37 and the SEI I'm taking about is 10 years older than me and I think he sounds a lot like you, LOL I think I might know what SEI you're talking about. I remember a thread awhile back.....but we won't go into that here. I once didn't reply to an ongoing email conversation because I didn't think he'd reply back to my last one and I had to pick up my kid from school. Later when I saw him in person I got that weird look at first like "what's going on?" From my perspective, however, this is the most hilarious thing in the world because I have such a high regard for him and our friendship. I do get the mood thing though. Thanks for your thoughts on this, BG. I really appreciate it!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....and thanks to everyone else who replied also! It was helpful to know that you all kind of agreed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-bg