Hello. I was watching at a documentary and wanted to share my thoughts about it with you. It was Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine.

Before of anything, I have some existing assumptions and knowledge that I think should be considered in order to understand them:

* I once read an article that was about the neurological differences between liberals and conservatives. In broad terms it stated that conservatives have stiff minds while liberals have malleable ones. This means that conservatives find it difficult to change their opinions at a chemical level (building or destroying neuron synapses), which makes them uncomfortable and ultimately resist changes.

* While "Fe" is largely considered related to emotions, from my observations I tend to see it as an information filtering function. It's purpose is to find similarities and differences between things, and when it is applied to people, it serves the purpose of finding a common ground with others.

Now... watching at the documentary I noticed that, when they spoke about the guys who committed the crime, they said they were quite isolated from the rest of the students and I spotted a pattern:

A person has a stiff mind and his or her opinions are too strong -> they dislike being around individuals who doesn't share their views -> they form a group who is ideologically homogeneous -> a feeling of belongship is established among the group.
I see both LSI and ESI doing the same thing, but it's confusing because if we follow the socionical doctrine, only LSI would appreciate Fe (=group bonding) in such a way. My only explanation is that socionics compesates by "allowing" the functions to operate at the same time, thus both ESI and LSI express that behaviour (excercize Fe and Ti). ESI expressess Fe actively and Ti passively and LSI expresses Ti actively and Fe passively. LSI is a leader, ESI is a follower, but the same hierachical system remains (Se).