I think most of us have related working out to Si because it's related to health, but having thought about this a bit more, I'm beginning to think it's more related to Se.

Let's define "working out" so we can make sure we're all talking about the same thing.

Working out: Engaging in physical activities specifically designed to strengthen, tone, improve health or appearance, extend lifespan, increase quality of living, etc. Activities that are done for any other reason (such as taking part in a hobby one enjoys, working, competing, dancing, commuting, etc.) do not count as working out for the purposes of this discussion, even if the results are the same.

Examples of working out include lifting weights, using cardio machines, doing calisthenics (jumping jacks, push ups, etc.), and so on. Stretching may or may not count, depending on the reason one is stretching. The idea is that the sole purpose of working out is to, like I said, strengthen, tone, improve health or appearance, extend lifespan, increase quality of living, etc. Whether or not someone enjoys it is irrelevant.
  • Se dominants do tend to somewhat frequently do things that qualify as working out (as defined above), but they also seem to enjoy them. Running seems to be popular among the Se dominants that I know.
  • Se creative types seem to have an easier time maintaining a work out regimen than any other type. It appears to come quite naturally to them.
  • Se Role types seems to feel like working out is something they should probably discipline themselves to do, whether they actually do it or not.
  • Se PoLR types... you know, I was married to one and have a sister who is one and I don't think I've ever seen either of them work out. My sister used to run, but it was only because she was in the military. She was always rather sporadic about it though, and now only runs a few times a year as far as I know. Does anyone here know any Se PoLR types who work out (as defined above)? From what I've seen they seem to hold an appreciation for being active sometimes, but actually working out is something that they don't see any reason they should have to do.
  • Se dual seeking types enjoy working out if there's someone there to motivate them. They're unlikely to regularly work out on their own though.
  • Se hidden agenda types like the idea of working out regularly and probably go through periods where they attempt to do so, but are unable to maintain a work out regimen on their own for any period of time. It is next to impossible for them to do it on a long term, consistent basis without help from anyone else. And they may overdo it.
  • Se ignoring types seem rather unlikely to work out (as defined above), at least based on my understanding of those types and the people I've known of those types.
  • Se concrete art types seem to be the most likely to work out of all of the Si valuing types, as far as I've seen. They're more likely though to do things that keep them active than they are to work out (as defined above). I know one who very occasionally goes to a gym, but generally based on whether or not he felt like it, I think. I know one who stretches regularly, but it's for physical therapy from an accident. He didn't work out at all until he pretty much had to, as far as I know.
According to model A, this theory appears to make sense. Also, Se types are static. The idea of working out is that it takes a person from one state to another. The focus isn't on the experience of performing the activity itself, as it would be from a Si perspective.