Thread: Examples of Socionics Alpha types

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Strange, because he looks a lot like an LII guy I used to work with. If you watch them together, there are a couple of instances when he acts like he needs help much unlike an IEI and she rushes to aid him. Around 1:15 she says that it was so easy for them to get together that she was a bit startled by it. This is a very common 'complaint' in dual relations - an expectation of there being more barriers and difficulties to overcome, followed by slight surprise at the naturalness and ease - but this would be an unusual account of supervision.
    well, firstly I may be wrong of course and I haven't watched the show cause it's US based, so I saw only a few youtube clips of him with her. What makes me think IEI was sth in his eyes and facial expressions, some of the movements. The only IEI male I knew irl was raised by a LII male so Idk how much of this can be due to this sponge-like chameleon quality that I've read IEIs are supposed to have (but even writing this seems like a far fetched idea).
    When it comes to need of help - sometimes everyone needs it and IEIs are "victims" and I've seen IEI acting in need of help, although the IEI was quite a strong person in general.
    In general - (assuming this is ESE and IEI) they'd share Fe and Ti... given the show where they met was weird imho and there she was romancing some guy who people supposedly typed EII and they had some communication issues (I don't mean huge arguments, just not being on the same page especially when it comes to feeling/expressing feelings - possibly Fe/Fi), she might just as well be happy to find someone who uses similar emotional expression (Fe) and patterns of thinking (Ti). I know one married couple in a supervision relationship (different types, but female is supervisee, male supervisor). It's not so rosy anymore after a few years (and she seems to be getting visibly stifled), but initially she was acting/reporting in pretty much similar words when it comes to how good she feels with him. I wouldn't associate feeling good in the beginning of the relationship with being duals. I don't think duals are the only people who can feel good together especially in the initial phase of the relationship when the brain chemistry is quite special. And by the initial phase I mean roughly first 2-3 years, especially if the relationship is moving forward and decisions of life together are being made adding more excitement to the picture.

In the end, like I said, I may be wrong, we all could, cause this is typing some strangers, a lot of it by VI, while they're "half-celebrities" and no "reality" show or interview is going to be as real as spending some time with them in real life...
    Last edited by aisa; 04-16-2014 at 07:55 AM.