Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
It's not really "combined", like a single sequence, but the two cycles are happening at the same time. Therefore, they are somewhat "combined".

When you think on , you think of .

There can be steps of against , then against .

COMBINED CYCLE

against - ideas vs. opportunities - find a balance
against - stablility vs. efficency - find a balance
against - amount vs. quality - find a balance
against - ethicalness vs. popularity - find a balance

It's always something like "raw vs. actual". This is why Static types are called "Heavy".
I'd like to state that when I talk of the "transcendent function", this is what I am referring to. The transcendent function allows one to acheive this balance instantaneously, at will.

For example, most of the INTjs here have learned to balance Ti against Te perfectly. For that matter, I think we continue to be amazed at how different balanced logic is from unbalanced logic, and the markedly different worlds of either.

Now it's, as you say, ethicalness vs. popularity. (but that's really simplifying it.) I see it more as a problem of being faced with all of these internal dispositions that somehow figure into the great Si scheme of survival, but are morally reprehensible -- downright nefarious -- otherwise.

Finding Se vs Si seems to a problem of a cash crunch vs hedonism. (for INTj) Ne vs Ni is the challenge of a lifetime.