1 8.33%

Thread: my strong functions

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default my strong functions

copying this idea because its cool. and because i'm sort of open to the idea of considering other types for the first time in a long time (although, in all fairness, that could change in 10 minutes for all i know). and because i'm just curious.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

crap, i meant to make it possible to choose multiple options.

edit: and make another option for me so i could peek. and did i even make it possible to see what people chose? man, i effed this up lol.

is it possible for this thread to be removed for a do-over?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's obvious to me is that you value . Have you considered LIE perchance?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    What's obvious to me is that you value . Have you considered LIE perchance?
    wow, thats an interesting suggestion, and probably my favorite ever, hah. LIE has never crossed my mind. when i made this thread, the other types that were floating around in my head as most worth considering were LII, SEI, and IEE. i remember teliing someone at one point that the only types that would surprise me to be put out for me would be any Se ego or Ej temperament types..but now you're the second person to bring up an Ej type as a possibility, which is interesting. i'm curious how you might see me as Te ego (you said its obvious i'm Fi valuing, and the idea of being Fi-seeking isn't nearly as strange to me as the idea of being Te ego, even if they're the same thing.) i want to be open-minded, but tbh the idea of LIE really threw me.

thanks for replying.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    wow, thats an interesting suggestion, and probably my favorite ever, hah. LIE has never crossed my mind. when i made this thread, the other types that were floating around in my head as most worth considering were LII, SEI, and IEE. i remember teliing someone at one point that the only types that would surprise me to be put out for me would be any Se ego or Ej temperament types..but now you're the second person to bring up an Ej type as a possibility, which is interesting. i'm curious how you might see me as Te ego (you said its obvious i'm Fi valuing, and the idea of being Fi-seeking isn't nearly as strange to me as the idea of being Te ego, even if they're the same thing.) i want to be open-minded, but tbh the idea of LIE really threw me.

thanks for replying.
    Yeah, it's mainly about seeking vs ego (as the thing about the smileys, heh). Plus I retyped that person you reminded me of as LIE...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yeah, it's mainly about seeking vs ego (as the thing about the smileys, heh). Plus I retyped that person you reminded me of as LIE...
    ya, things like, uh, that, are not at all uncommon for me. (context for others: being paranoid that i've offended someone and being stupidly overapologetic, or at least thats my view of it.) i haven't known whether it was attributable to type, and if so, how (Fi seeking seems like a reasonable suggestion) or if it its just because i'm a neurotic bastard lol. it was actually a wondering if i'm really good at Fi or not that led me to consider LII.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, things like, uh, that, are not at all uncommon for me. (context for others: being paranoid that i've offended someone and being stupidly overapologetic, or at least thats my view of it.) i haven't known whether it was attributable to type, and if so, how (Fi seeking seems like a reasonable suggestion) or if it its just because i'm a neurotic bastard lol. it was actually a wondering if i'm really good at Fi or not that led me to consider LII.
    Yeah, if you're going to consider a logical type I would guess maybe LIE or ILI. You actually remind me of implied in some ways.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Awwww this makes me think you value a ton, because I do the same kinda thing too I gotta go with EII for you

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see an argument for both Fi and Ne, almost equally, but you have a calm salinity to your posts that seems more common in Fi base>Ne

anywho, that's my impression so far
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I can see an argument for both Fi and Ne, almost equally, but you have a calm salinity to your posts that seems more common in Fi base>Ne

Yes, I think EII. Strong Ne subtype.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would check to see why you feel that way. I experience the same thing, but I honestly believe it is not type-related for me; because I was not always like that (actually a bit insensitive in that regard), and I can pinpoint what event may have caused it.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You just observe things here and you don't make any abstractions...I'm sorry I don't eve type you as EII; I think you're just here to get support for a type you think you are and you've chosen for yourself...hence, that makes you SEE type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I would check to see why you feel that way. I experience the same thing, but I honestly believe it is not type-related for me; because I was not always like that (actually a bit insensitive in that regard), and I can pinpoint what event may have caused it.
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You just observe things here and you don't make any abstractions...I'm sorry I don't eve type you as EII; I think you're just here to get support for a type you think you are and you've chosen for yourself...hence, that makes you SEE type.
    i'm not sure what you mean by making abstractions versus observing and how you see this in me. my motives in making this thread were, tbh, partly out of boredom and attention-seeking but i was not motivated at ALL by trying to prove my self-typing because very few people have questioned it so i have little reason to defend anything. i think its really interesting to hear other opinions about my type even if they seem strange to me and i'm willing to consider alternatives (especially the ones i listed previously in this thread). i don't expect you to buy that i'm EII just because that's my self-typing, but there are far better options imo than SEE, which i think is a totally ridiculous idea and one of the few types i think can be just plain ruled out.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm sorry I don't eve type you as EII
    Back off before it gets too late.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen people of a quadrillion types do this. How does the first part of that sentence have diddly to do with the second part?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post

Salinity as in salt cube-ness?

Or did you maybe mean "serenity" ?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hi i'm bored and i want more votes on this poll

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i've held out for awhile

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

whatever, i really don't think i'm that much of an offender.

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't really paid too much attention to give you evidence for another typing, but I always thought you presented a very different vibe than the other EIIs on the forum.