Thread: Wow I'm out of my league!

Hybrid View

Right now, somewhere in the middle of nowhere: AKA South Texas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Wow... I'm out of my league!

Ok, I have learned about the 16 types (moderately) because as a college professor we have seminars about how each type learns the best and how to modify our own teaching skills to accomodate each one. But I have no idea what the triangles, squares, circles, ExIx, Ni (or whatever) stuff is!? Should I just drop out now and save myself the embarassment and you all the hassle? LoL
    I joined this site (and found it) because I'm heartbroken over an ISTP that I dont quite understand as my ESTJ self....but he's terribly intriguing and we compliment and contrast each other so well. But he's hung up on the 'familiar' ex-wife who only showed back up because he was telling everyone how he was blissfully happy with me...figures.
    So I'm terribly lonely, basically single and living in a new small town where it seems I have nothing in common with anyone. *sigh
    Is it in my personality for guys to find me 'intimidating'? I dont see it but every guy i meet has said that lately. Maybe if i learn about my own type and some more info about the others, I can find someone to share come common interests with. So whats the best type for my ESTJ self? My 'T' is almost 50-50 so once i have scored ESFJ (but only once).
    Oh and Hello everyone! ;-)
    Teddybeanz

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try to help a bit.

First of all, wether you are ESTJ or ESFJ.

A big difference is that ESFJ women tend to be somewhat submissive (although bitchy at times :-) The ESTJ women are bossy. You are probably ESTJ since you've been told to be intimidating, which is a common theme for ESTJ's I guess.

Secondly:

It's not strange that you like an ISTP. Since you have a mirror relationship then. The relationship is vocal, meaning lots of talking, drawn out dialogs. When one partner says something, the other partner can easely add something to the discussion. Like what one partner says is never really complete and needs an extra comment. Disputes also happen.
    http://www.the16types.info/relations-4.php

Another remark:
    Your best fit would be an INFJ. It's your dual, and you will only know why it's a great relationship when you've experienced it. Reading type description is of little use.

BTW what do you teach? (just curious)

Oh and the squares etc are shortcuts for the underlying functions. Which differ from MBTI because MBTI is buggy in that area.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I'll try to help a bit.

A big difference is that ESFJ women tend to be somewhat submissive (although bitchy at times :-) The ESTJ women are bossy. You are probably ESTJ since you've been told to be intimidating, which is a common theme for ESTJ's I guess.

Another remark:
    Your best fit would be an INFJ. It's your dual, and you will only know why it's a great relationship when you've experienced it. Reading type description is of little use.

BTW what do you teach? (just curious)

Oh and the squares etc are shortcuts for the underlying functions. Which differ from MBTI because MBTI is buggy in that area.

Well, I can be bitchy...what woman cant if we are telling the truth? LoL But in the 'right' situation what woman cant show a little submission too? hehe But i guess i digress... Anyway, I teach Radiologic Imaging Sciences.
    So how do i know an INFJ and where to find one???
    Teddybeanz

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybeanz View Post
    So how do i know an INFJ and where to find one???
    Teddybeanz
    INFJ women are almost without exception shy, or at least not the center of attention. They have a soft voice and controlled emotions. Perfectionists. They deeply care about others. And usually show more concern about your problems then you yourself do.

They usually work in the health care sector, or something with psychology, pharmacy etc.

General description: http://www.the16types.info/types.php?typename=INFJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

INFJ women are almost without exception shy, or at least not the center of attention. They have a soft voice and controlled emotions. Perfectionists. They deeply care about others. And usually show more concern about your problems then you yourself do.

They usually work in the health care sector, or something with psychology, pharmacy etc.

General description: http://www.the16types.info/types.php?typename=INFJ
    Well thats all well and good but i need an INFJ guy! Not that there's anything wrong with girl/girl relationships but been there, done that...hehe
    Teddybeanz

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thats all well and good but i need an INFJ guy! Not that there's anything wrong with girl/girl relationships but been there, done that...hehe
    Teddybeanz
    Haha, uhhh oke yes. Don't mind me I'm fuzzy in my head.

Oke for the males.

They are often drawn to professions like psychiatrist, lawyer, or anything to help the 'poor' people (people in need for help/support). They are idealistic.

They also have a soft slow voice and show lots of concern for your problems. They are always interested in people, their friends etc. They like small groups of people or 1 on 1 conversation. Dutyful and probably perfectionistic. The general description also applies to them.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll figure things out if you stick around long enough. Very simple answer though, if you are an estj in socionics the theory says you would dualize or match best with an infj. If esfj, then intj.

I wouldn't worry about it much, just ask questions and what not. Also, that sucks on the relationship front.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, don't give up. I stuck around until I understood it, and then it's like ok i'm hooked now.

It took 4 months, but i'm slow.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Ok, I have learned about the 16 types (moderately) because as a college professor we have seminars about how each type learns the best and how to modify our own teaching skills to accomodate each one. But I have no idea what the triangles, squares, circles, ExIx, Ni (or whatever) stuff is!? Should I just drop out now and save myself the embarassment and you all the hassle? LoL
    I joined this site (and found it) because I'm heartbroken over an ISTP that I dont quite understand as my ESTJ self....but he's terribly intriguing and we compliment and contrast each other so well. But he's hung up on the 'familiar' ex-wife who only showed back up because he was telling everyone how he was blissfully happy with me...figures.
    So I'm terribly lonely, basically single and living in a new small town where it seems I have nothing in common with anyone. *sigh
    Is it in my personality for guys to find me 'intimidating'? I dont see it but every guy i meet has said that lately. Maybe if i learn about my own type and some more info about the others, I can find someone to share come common interests with. So whats the best type for my ESTJ self? My 'T' is almost 50-50 so once i have scored ESFJ (but only once).
    Oh and Hello everyone! ;-)
    Teddybeanz
    if people don't connect with enough other people they can seem scary.

just meet way more people until you're settled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, are you a socionics LSE (ESTj) or a MBTI ESTJ? The two can be really different.
    Surtout, pas trop de zčle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZTCrawcrustle View Post
    First, are you a socionics LSE (ESTj) or a MBTI ESTJ? The two can be really different.
    Its the MBTI ESTJ... I have no clue on Socionics if you are saying it would be/may be different. Maybe I should find out.
    Teddybeanz

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the differences?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the differences?
    The MBTI description of the ESTJ, from what I remember of it, is very wide and general. There are people from every quadra that could fit into it (SLE, LSI, EIE, SEE, ESI, LIE, LSE, ESE, SEI, perhaps some SLI). I will reread it now and get back to you.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MBTI description of the ESTJ, from what I remember of it, is very wide and general. There are people from every quadra that could fit into it (SLE, LSI, EIE, SEE, ESI, LIE, LSE, ESE, SEI, perhaps some SLI). I will reread it now and get back to you.
    Yes there are many mbti versions on the net. But I can assure you they are the same.
    MBTI is per definition somewhat less accurate then Socionics since they know shit about functions. Which makes it confusing for socionist point of view who usually tries to pinpoint certain values in descriptions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Descriptions across the two fields are more similar for extraverts, and the tests are much more consistent for extraverts. Not really worth adding new confusion into things, since she acts like ESTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    Descriptions across the two fields are more similar for extraverts, and the tests are much more consistent for extraverts. Not really worth adding new confusion into things, since she acts like ESTj
    Based on what do you make that last claim? At most, she wrote two paragraphs that mentioned any aspect of her life.

Based on what do you make this entire argument? Honestly, I've only seen Ganin make such a claim and he is absolutely wrong. The extrovert/introvert dichotomy is not equal. MBTI is based solely off dichotomies, which in the MBTI are subjective and are almost useless when you consider socionics. It is funny that you say MBTI tests are consistent for extraverts, since all the logical extraverts in my family would be MBTI introverts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the socionics test and I am an ESFp but on MBTI i am an ESTJ. Interesting...
    Teddybeanz

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the socionics test and I am an ESFp but on MBTI i am an ESTJ. Interesting...
    Teddybeanz

hmm it's pretty uncertain which type you are then... At least the first two dichotomies seem to be probably right. ESxx

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is a waste of time to try and type her if she is not reading and attempting to type herself, which she isn't.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I have learned about the 16 types (moderately) because as a college professor we have seminars about how each type learns the best and how to modify our own teaching skills to accomodate each one.
    seems i come across this a lot these days. can you say more about how/what they teach you?

it's funny, because regarding socioncis, i said the exact same thing when i first came across this site years ago, that i didn't know what the shapes meant. i felt confident that this voodoo would remain a footnote in any personality theory understanding i had. there was a time that i couldnt get away from the damn thing, but i think that can be ok if you are looking to "practice" the theory or to work out a better understanding. anyway yeah even if you don't get it all the way or it takes however long to get a working understanding (not long for you i think), it could still be useful to you enough to stick around.

Creepy-Diana