View Poll Results: Do you ever (naturally) write really tiny? (Answer by your type)

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTp - Yes

1 3.33%
  • ENTp - No

3 10.00%
  • ISFp - Yes

0 0%
  • ISFp - No

0 0%
  • ESFj - Yes

0 0%
  • ESFj - No

1 3.33%
  • INTj - Yes

3 10.00%
  • INTj - No

3 10.00%
  • ENFj - Yes

0 0%
  • ENFj - No

2 6.67%
  • ISTj - Yes

0 0%
  • ISTj - No

0 0%
  • ESTp - Yes

0 0%
  • ESTp - No

0 0%
  • INFp - Yes

1 3.33%
  • INFp - No

1 3.33%
  • ESFp - Yes

1 3.33%
  • ESFp - No

1 3.33%
  • INTp - Yes

0 0%
  • INTp - No

3 10.00%
  • ENTj - Yes

0 0%
  • ENTj - No

2 6.67%
  • ISFj - Yes

0 0%
  • ISFj - No

2 6.67%
  • ESTj - Yes

0 0%
  • ESTj - No

0 0%
  • INFj - Yes

0 0%
  • INFj - No

0 0%
  • ENFp - Yes

1 3.33%
  • ENFp - No

3 10.00%
  • ISTp - Yes

0 0%
  • ISTp - No

0 0%
  • I object

2 6.67%

Thread: Tiny Writing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tiny Writing?

Tiny writing ... is it a sign of deep concentration? A preference for using fine motor skills? A combo, or something else? Whatever. Let's see which types are most inclined to do it (as if this were actually scientific!)

Doesn't have to be writing this way all the time - now and then is good enough.

By "tiny," let's estimate the middle zone (e.g., the span of an "e") to be a maximum of ... ohh ... hmm, let's say 2mm high.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

TW is typical of people with low self-esteem.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

supposedly small "I"s while other writing is normal size are signs of low self esteem, (this doesn't count in typing...where it's usually a sign of being too lazy to press the shift button during typing)
    tiny writing is supposedly a sign of repression/suppression...but it could be anything that is being repressed/suppressed
    it's also been said to be a sign of a thinker or someone who's learned to compress their thoughts
    one thing to note is that in order to write tiny AND clearly, one has to be well aware of detail as well as a good sense of spatialness, so if the writing is tiny and clear then it could be a sign of Si

there are so many other factors involved in handwriting though that attempting to limit it to type would be to create false categories based on very limited information and personal biases
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp - No.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have heard that tiny writing is a sign of intelligence. Compressing thoughts might make more sense though.

I have also heard that people with a large difference between the height of their capitals and the height of their other letters (the capital being larger), are ambitious.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted no, but I realize that I did this a lot when I was younger, sometimes to a ridiculous extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    i have heard that tiny writing is a sign of intelligence. Compressing thoughts might make more sense though.
    Yes, the more you can see simultaneously, the more you can think about simultaneously.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I voted no, but I realize that I did this a lot when I was younger, sometimes to a ridiculous extent.
    Me too. I am also much dumber than I was when younger, honestly.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Me too. I am also much dumber than I was when younger, honestly.
    lol

My best friend at the time (ISTj I think) got me into the habit too. Some extreme aspect of Ti probably.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

usually "normally" sized. i did have a good ISTp friend in high school who had really tiny handwriting (extremely neat as well.) i have always had relatively poor penmanship unless i actively force myself to write really well, so i tried to pick up some of her habits since her handwriting was so impressive to me. it always looked like a computer font of some sort to me (all letters = equally spaced, equal size, etc.) my handwriting in cursive is nearly illegible.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got some evidence that points in another direction...

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno

I do not get your point at all.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos

What Jarno meant was Einstein is an intelligent person but he has big handwriting. So tiny writing might not be a sign of intelligence.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice

What Jarno meant was Einstein is an intelligent person but he has big handwriting. So tiny writing might not be a sign of intelligence.
    But do you write the same way on a big chalk board used to collect your thoughts as you do in your regular writing? And Einstein was a single intelligent person, he does not encompass all intelligent people nor does he necessarily serve as the mean for intelligence. A single counterexample does not necessarily disprove an entire point. Statistical outlier.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not only is there a difference between how one writes on a chalkboard vs paper, there is also often a difference between how one writes notes for one's self vs writing for others to read.

I write small for myself, but it's quite sloppy.
    I try to write a bit larger and neater when others are going to read it....but if it's too long I wind up resorting to my sloppy small writing.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-bg

you know what they say about tiny handwritting...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice

[img]image of einstein
    Sorry but i must be anal, it's my job. Showing that someone with high intelligence who did not have tiny writing doesn't mean that it's not an indicator. See how anal I am I argue about things that I don't support 100%.

It's like this nervous tick. Like I think people will fall off cliffs If i don't correct stuff.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

c'mon people, that einstein part was also a bit a joke.

Ofcourse I don't know if tiny handwriting is something for intelligent people. I just liked the picture, were einstein wrote an "R" as big as his own head

But still it's nice to see that people always take my comments serious. :wink:

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I write letter e's about 2mm tall...but I do capital letters about 5mm tall...or even 6mm tall in some circumstances . My writing is quite erratic - the letters change in height even in the same word *yawn*.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I write letter e's about 2mm tall...but I do capital letters about 5mm tall...or even 6mm tall in some circumstances . My writing is quite erratic - the letters change in height even in the same word *yawn*.
    same except I tend to write mostly in all caps (occasionally throwing in lower case letters randomly)

I've noticed that I don't even try to write my name anymore when I have to give a signature... I just scribble some lines with humps in them for a few seconds and make it look like I am. (I'm sure this says volumes about my sense of identity to handwritting analysts )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    i've encountered the opposite. there was this kid sitting next to me in bio class at boarding school (sounds like pre-historic times now) - he had the tinniest of handwritings. i asked him once about the why of SW, i remember, and the answer was (sth like): saving space, energy in writing, and time. he claimed it enabled him to write down more at a shorter period of time. he also used a lot of self-made acronyms (when you take notes, you'd wanna write down most things you'd wanna review later).

i don't think it has much to do with intelligence, rather startegy: you increase the amount of information you take in.
    Count me in as case #2. If you write very small, it conserves energy and you can also write much faster [...]