Quote Originally Posted by carrina View Post
their newest music is very gamma. their "hollywood" song is very Ne polr. etc etc. the songs are very gamma.
Their newer stuff was more spiritual and, I suppose, stayed political, if you are talking about Hypnotize and Mezmerize (which you are). The albums sort of tied in the real world to something more abstract. I don't see either element as being proprietary to Gamma, but if you are going to relate any of their albums to specific quadras I could see how you might say those two are their most Gamma, in a sense, esp. mezmerize. A lot of their music they leave up to interpretation, and it's easy to see any number of quadra values in a piece of art, so I don't tend to type music based on the values supposedly therein. I can easily see Alpha values in their albums as well as Gamma, but they do tend to have the revolutionary Alpha vibe to their music. That vibe was just a bit toned down on the double album.

Edit: actually I shouldn't say the revolutionary vibe was toned down. It was just crowded out with more elements.

"if you remember correctly" so you aren't doing the typing yourself, may not remember, but you're arguing with me?.. uh.. ok
That does not mean I didn't do the typing myself. It means that it's been a while since I've watched their interviews and actually bothered thinking about their type. I've revisited their typings and Serj is definitely still closer to LII than anything else. I could see a few typings for Daron. I was only saying I may not remember for Daron's type so, yes, I am arguing with you.

anyway take a look at the album that the "hollywood" song is on. those songs are all almost exlusively gamma. there is also an EIE in that group. the one wearing eye liner.
I know that album. It's Mezmerize. Not really seeing Daron as EIE, but I don't have a clear typing for him at the moment so whatever.