10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ivana Kindl: ENTj

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Stoka might be SEE but he reminds me more of an IEE friend. More bark than bite, though if a guy really pisses him off he's in for a world of hurt.

From an interview with Deathspell Omega:
    • "Things evolve. We were reminded increasingly about senseless speculations, the obvious lack of deeper understanding for our standpoints by most and a stronger focus on the limited nature of our releases than on what they are truly consisting of. Not being able to adapt oneself in such a situation equals to being dispossessed of one's creations, and this is by no means acceptable (responsibility is the keyword, here)."
    • "The [partial] obliteration [of printed lyrics] found place in order to focus the reader's mind on the main themes that should lead to a very stroboscopic kind of reading, evoking quickly linked images and concepts. The current shape of these old lyrics is basically like their extracted essence: a primitive and redundant litany."
    • "Before writing a single note of music, a foetal structure of the lyrical aspect has to appear clearly, because the origin of our inspiration communicates through intellectual concepts first and foremost, sensorial elements are subordinated. Of course, this initial structure is bound to grow, to be mutilated or enhanced during the actual work, but this is the starting point that later on guides the creation of the musical support."
    • "As you may imagine, we will furthermore enter the dimensions of theological uncertainty, and the resulting, ever growing ecstatic anguish may very well materialize itself in a musical form quite different again."
    • "It is both a statement on the Logos, providing metaphysical keys to a certain approach on reality, and a statement on our faith and it's concrete anchors and applications in the world as every human being can actually experience it. But keep in mind: the light that illuminates us is the very same that blinds us too."
    • "The first words that open the album are a statement on the status of language (the Verb), more specifically on human expression and its origin, its inherent limits when man tries to understand or to address himself to the deus ignotus [hidden god]."
    • "Satan [is] a metaphysical entity. All other interpretations of Satan are intellectually invalid, for people need to realise that mere etymological arguments or, worse, small-minded rationality can not be considered as a finality, but merely minuscule fragments of a metaphysical phenomenon, of the most dangerous thing among all: Truth."
    • "The hand that strangles and the hand that heals is the same..."
    • "Satanism is not a revealed religion, like just another monotheistic religion. Or better said, it is a revealed religion, but at this stage there is no such thing as a Book of Books like the Bible is for the Christian tradition. The whole religious literature, from the old Jewish sects to the agnostics, from the St Augustinian approach to christianity to radical Wahhabi pamphlets is only a fragment of what we have to be aware of to finally find the spiritual pearls disseminated here and there for those who have eyes to see. Eventually, this means that traditionalism and certainty aren't standpoints we can defend forever. They are suitable, at times."
    • "Banal anti-Christian sentiments are but the manifestation of primitive first-degree rebellion. You know, that phase which about every human goes through when he's a teen? To deny the current cultural and spiritual paradigm is but a logical move, but if there's nothing to happen behind the denial, well, I do not have to point out what kind of intellectual void it implies, do I?"
    • "Professing a belief, or rather describing the different stones that pave the road on the quest that true faith implies, is synonymous with being active, it witnesses of spiritual evolution, of gains and of losses. Denial can't be anything other than a very first step, unless you want to embrace the most primitive nihilism."
    • "Impulses come from various sources, every part of Deathspell Omega being constantly evolving - progressing? - and making new experiences on the path to the deus ignotus. Each time a valid conclusion has been reached, it is being contributed and melted in the creative process; all this results in a collective achievement in which the function of each cell indeed determines somewhat it's degree of implication and productivity, but considering that sometimes a single word can be enough, working as a revelation, to change completely the course of events, it is all quite relative and eventually only points to the notion of momentary blessing."
    • "Becoming familiar with the writings of some [satanic] orders was a task we accomplished at an early stage, and we gained nothing out of it except a strong feeling of superficiality and disappointment. They mainly show a pathetic lack of general culture, a reinterpretation of facts through a gross, biased and partial manipulation where the conclusion shapes the arguments, instead of the arguments shaping the conclusion (which is a respectable way to work under certain circumstances and an amusing display of rhetorics, but fails completely here). Eventually, they perfectly incarnate the vast difference lying between superstition and metaphysics. Such groups can only originate from the current Zeitgeist and no matter from which ancient (and often imaginary) tradition they pretend to descend, they are barely different from the despicable current new-age paradigm."
    • "'Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.' That quote portrays the typical strife for ultimates, for absolutes, a vulgar simplification, yet a sentence bearing many truths."

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Matt Heafy from Trivium - Se-ESI:

Interesting about the vocal similarities to James Hetfield from Metallica, who I have as Se-LSI...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE - Se. ESFP. 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this thread is silly, because MUSIC has no boundaries.

Music, and art in general, are one of the few things that ALL people can enjoy equally, regardless of type or quadra. Music is of the soul. not of the socionics theory.

but yeah, that said, anyone who listens to Death Cab for Cutie, Postal Service, or any of those wimpy bands, are totally NOT from the GAMMA quadra! They're more likely Alpha or Delta quadra. pffff wimps.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pengproductions View Post
    I think this thread is silly, because MUSIC has no boundaries.

Music, and art in general, are one of the few things that ALL people can enjoy equally, regardless of type or quadra. Music is of the soul. not of the socionics theory.

but yeah, that said, anyone who listens to Death Cab for Cutie, Postal Service, or any of those wimpy bands, are totally NOT from the GAMMA quadra! They're more likely Alpha or Delta quadra. pffff wimps.
    I like hearing what happens to metal when one quadra gets a heavy hand in the proceedings; I have Zetro from Exodus as SLE, I think the band's full of Ti/Fe valuers; as for Pantera, I got Phil as Se-SEE, Dime as Fi-SEE, Rex as ILI, and Vinnie Paul as Si-SLI, Gamma as fuck:

And hell, this one old band I was in? All of the musical disagreements, as far as I could tell, were drawn on Se/Ni vs. Ne/Si lines! I couldn't get the Si-SLI to push the tempos hard, and the IEE dude kept wincing when I hit noisy ass chords and draped these minor-key melodies on the music like a wet blanket... just couldn't take it any more...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delta magical Te dominus assault. Bow down, gammanoids.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

gamma muzik thread respekt

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Interesting about the vocal similarities to James Hetfield from Metallica, who I have as Se-LSI...
    That's why I can't stand Metallica.

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess being a bass player kind of taints my taste in music...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    Vids
    Pretty queer.

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Pretty queer.
    What's that? I hear the community college bells ringing. Better pack up or you'll be late.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    What's that? I hear the community college bells ringing. Better pack up or you'll be late.
    If you hear bells you're a) getting married, b) in a mental asylum, c) dead and enjoying your funeral. Anyhow, life is a joke, but you gotta be there to get it which eliminates option c).

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAMMA females
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

gross.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zedd (Anton Zaslavski) seems ILI of one sort or another. Not sure about the singer.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These both strike me as -y, or at least, their characters do

and encase you are already missing christmas:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on this Jack White kick because I've been trying to type him ... So far ILI and I've watched several interviews etc.

I LOVE this song.

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/Ti la sigh

-Krishna

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I'm on this Jack White kick because I've been trying to type him ... So far ILI and I've watched several interviews etc.

I LOVE this song.
    K0rpsy is being sinister and mean.

I think Jack White is possibly ESI.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    K0rpsy is being sinister and mean.

I think Jack White is possibly ESI.
    He does that ...

Ummm I'm not all that familiar with socionics, but I'm almost positive White is Ni dom w/Fi. We could make a thread? Could be fun I've been studying White for a month...

-Krishna

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does that ...

Ummm I'm not all that familiar with socionics, but I'm almost positive White is Ni dom w/Fi. We could make a thread? Could be fun I've been studying White for a month...
    You "study" pop stars. Hmm...

I'm fairly sure there is already a thread. I'll see if I can hunt it up.

Edit: there is one, but it's shit.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You "study" pop stars. Hmm...

I'm fairly sure there is already a thread. I'll see if I can hunt it up.
    pop star??! the answer is no ... He is not a pop star. cool, I'll try finding it as well.

-Krishna

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pop star??! the answer is no ... He is not a pop star. cool, I'll try finding it as well.
    I'm not sure how you define popular music, but the White Stripes have had a few platinum selling albums. *shrug*

You seem to have this notion that you've discovered someone "obscure."

Anyway, he seems to get long quite famously with Loretta Lynn who is fairly obviously SEE.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how you define popular music, but the White Stripes have had a few platinum selling albums. *shrug*

You seem to have this notion that you've discovered someone "obscure."

Anyway, he seems to get long quite famously with Loretta Lynn who is fairly obviously SEE.
    Okay? The white stripes is no more ...

one man against the world, one song...

-Krishna

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether one is "pop" in the top-10-aspiring sense of Britney and Bieber's pablum, Western music is broken roughly into classical and popular before being divided further into genres. So Jack White's international radio/TV play, press, album sales, and touring aside, he is a pop musician.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Whether one is "pop" in the top-10-aspiring sense of Britney and Bieber's pablum, Western music is broken roughly into classical and popular before being divided further into genres. So Jack White's international radio/TV play, press, album sales, and touring aside, he is a pop musician.
    Gee thanks korpsy. I wish you would have err oh, I don't know, replied to me? Spine? I don't bite sweetheart.... In the sense that you speak Ti boy, I guess he is a pop star, honey. My Fi morals insist he's a respectable musician, I guess something clicked for a sec..my bad.

You're right

-Krishna

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince is an extremely respectable music (that I don't like), and yet he is a pop star.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did reply to you, dipshit. And of course I'm right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_music

Classical music is the art music produced in, or rooted in, the traditions of Western liturgical and secular music, encompassing a broad period from roughly the 11th century to present times. The central norms of this tradition became codified between 1550 and 1900, which is known as the common practice period.

European music is largely distinguished from many other non-European and popular musical forms by its system of staff notation, in use since about the 16th century. Western staff notation is used by composers to prescribe to the performer the pitch, speed, meter, individual rhythms and exact execution of a piece of music. This leaves less room for practices such as improvisation and ad libitum ornamentation, that are frequently heard in non-European art music and popular music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_music

Popular music belongs to any of a number of musical genres "having wide appeal" and is typically distributed to large audiences through the music industry. It stands in contrast to both art music and traditional music, which are typically disseminated academically or orally to smaller, local audiences. The original application of the term is to music of the 1880s Tin Pan Alley period in the United States. Although popular music sometimes is known as "pop music," the two terms are not interchangeable. Popular music is a generic term for music of all ages that appeals to popular tastes, whereas pop music usually refers to a specific musical genre.

Popular music, unlike art music, is (1) conceived for mass distribution to large and often socioculturally heterogeneous groups of listeners, (2) stored and distributed in non-written form, (3) only possible in an industrial monetary economy where it becomes a commodity and (4) in capitalist societies, subject to the laws of 'free' enterprise, according to which it should ideally sell as much as possible of as little as possible to as many as possible.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Watching two ILIs argue is like watching a cat fight.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dear music industry and shit talkers:

ILI INTJ E1

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    xD you wish! hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Krishna

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast