Thread: Emotional Quotient

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    1)Either a person is genuinely interested in psychology after having been interested in psychology and then the likelihood of him/her also being better able to handle people is higher
    I'd say the opposite correlation is more likely.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emotional EQ is sometimes useless. It's like driving: no matter how good you are at it, some day there will be an idiot that caughts you off guard and you both end up dead.

I usually know exactly what I'm supposed to do in a situation, but sometimes I don't care about making others feel good or ending arguments. I like to discuss and, in my experience, the more agitated someone is, the more sincere and open he/she becomes. So my most fruitful discussions have been, unfortunately, those which are pretty heated.

One thing that probably justifies my strength in the area is that, if I want, I can extinguish the bad atmosphere almost immediately.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20% on first test
    110 on second w/perception

very strange tests. it seems we are supposed to care about other peoples' relationships, other peoples' feelings -- all in the name of being "emotionally intelligent" ourselves? if i care about my feelings enough to express them privately, is that emotionally intelligent? i'd say so. it's stupid for me to reveal my emotions to people who will cheapen, misinterpret, or dramatize them. i must say that i can't stand when i slip up and reveal a private emotion and all the "emotionally intelligent" fools can't help but relate the emotion to themselves and to all the sick and dying people in the world. seriously, it's meant to be seen through a box. it's really not for others to open. let it go. i stub my toe and say goddammit. who cares. there is absolutely no need to check to see that i am all right and nurse me back to health.

if i set two people up (very unlikely) and one ends up cheating on the other, I have absolutely nothing to do with the problem, and i certainly won't waste time feeling badly.

if i make a roast, am i supposed to be emotionally attached to it? i prefer to keep my life much simpler, you see. i make a roast. it is meat. if someone does not wish to eat the meat, I am well aware that I myself am not meat or the cow which provided it or even the spices added. however, i would not be apt to wait on the vegan either. i'd tell him or her to look around and feel free to eat/prepare something more suitable. in my experience, many people seem to feel more comfortable when allowed to help themselves.

in most relational situations, i apply simple cost-benefit analysis. people are not exactly objects, and certainly not in a derogatory sense. but they are objects in how i must relate to them. i take a lot at face value when it comes to people. i don't ask people what's wrong unless it's clear to me that something is wrong and that it is my business to ask or assist. i don't complain about people canceling plans because chances are i didn't want to go in the first place, and if i did, i wouldn't assume that canceling a plan had anything at all to do with the nature of the relationship. considerations to the contrary honestly seem very emotionally unintelligent to me.

*shrug*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I understand, EQ is complex and smart, but not worthless. My scores vary from 90- 130, depends on my mood. But you can't make strict correlations. Because it values how healthy you are and that's not what socionics is all about. Socionics is mostly TIM and it's relations. But I don't understand the theory and for me the other psychology is more usefull than just finding someones type and the type of the diad you are having.
    Semiotical process

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 60% on the first one... saying what I would actually do... the crying the office thing was so me.

I got 134 - perception on the second one. How did people get the score break downs??? I didn't get that... hmm...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12